cocheese

My first 200 weigh

One of the strangest feelings for me when I was on some big boy big ways was being a late diver. I am not built like a late diver. Actually, I'm built like the base. Not someone in the base, THE base...:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hah! I weighed in at 245 on my AFF 1 back in July. My instructors were a little freaked out at the speeds I was hitting on my belly. Fortunately I've always been adept at pulling for myself, and the canopies I'm using don't seem to mind an extra few... dozen... extra mph over "normal" terminal velocity. The whole concept kind of annoys me though. I'd thought Galileo put this thing to bed centuries ago!

I've lost 20 pounds since I started skydiving. Not because it's a workout, I just finally have some motivation to be in shape. Even so, I still fall faster than everyone I've jumped with so far. I think maybe I should just go jump with the freeflyers, who fall about that fast anyway.

I do plan to get into a wingsuit ASAP, and I'm curious if a Phoenix-Fly tracking suit would slow me down until I get to that point. I like tracking anyway, so I might just give that a try!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

A good jumpsuit manufacturer can build a suit with the right type and amount of material to slow you down. My wife even build suits with inflatable forearms to slow down the big boys. :)

See, that makes me nostalgic.. Back in The Day
;)

That guy in the Balloon Suit looks like Terry Parsons. He said he loved his, but it froze him in the (So. Cal) winter. ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9