kallend

Felix at the UN

While Ban looked less-than-enthusiastic about the skydiving lesson, he did call Baumgartner ‘‘the most courageous person in the world.’’

Oh, for the love... What Felix did was uber-cool, but I think I know thousands of people willing to take his place. "Courage" wasn't the issue; it was all about the opportunity.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well, he made the opportunity!

Oh, hey, I give him all sorts of props for finding the money. But I don't think that makes him "the most courageous person in the world." I tend to reserve that for people who knowingly sacrifice themselves for the greater good; not the greater sugary beverage.

United 93 types; not professional stuntmen.
quade -

I tend to reserve that for people who knowingly sacrifice themselves for the greater good; not the greater sugary beverage.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oh, hey, I give him all sorts of props for finding the money. But I don't think that makes him "the most courageous person in the world."

I agree. But it wasn't Felix promoting himself, it was just a whuffo statement. I'm told I must be brave for jumping out of planes. Not hardly. I'm awed by our men and women in the armed forces. They willingly face dangers I've never had to.

Felix= Super cool, did a good job.

He's not proclaiming himself as a hero. I think his head is on straight. :)

He's not proclaiming himself as a hero. I think his head is on straight. :)

Maybe. Anybody remember how absolutely hated he was in certain parts of the skydive/BASE community ten or so years ago.

I'd say he's pretty well respected now for this.
quade -

Maybe. Anybody remember how absolutely hated he was in certain parts of the skydive/BASE community ten or so years ago.

Don't know anything about all that. :)
He burned a couple of high profile sites in his wingsuit. Christ the Redeemer was one of particular note.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

He burned a couple of high profile sites in his wingsuit. Christ the Redeemer was one of particular note.

How did he burn that object when he was the first to jump it? Also, I dont know of any wing suiters that would exit at appx 100ft.
Been jumpin long? :P
Take care,
space