BillyVance

Well, its official. #2 Alabama vs #3 Georgia for the SEC Championship

And for the right to face Notre Dame for the BCS National Championship!

Your predictions please. :P

I predict there are more people that don't give a fuck than those that do.

Anyone want to take a wager as to what category I fall into?????:)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

'Bama beats Georgia, then shows Notre Dame how football is really played.

+1

ND has caught lightning in a bottle all year.....time for this charade to end.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

'Bama beats Georgia, then shows Notre Dame how football is really played.

+1

ND has caught lightning in a bottle all year.....time for this charade to end.

Don

You got that right. They've squeaked by several times, even to some piddling teams.

First things first though... I want Alabama to SHUT. THE. DAWGS. UP. HARD!!! Some of the bulldogs have been yapping in the media about how they have more talent and are better on defense and overall.

You know Saban would blow a gasket if any of his players mouthed off like that. Let the other stupid fuckers mouth off. It's our job to shut them down. Been doing it all season. Texas A&M did beat us, but I don't remember any of their players getting snippy the week before. They seemed respectful.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Okay, I'm a few days late but.... 32-28!!!! Eat shit, Dawgs!!! B|

Seriously, that was the greatest SEC Championship Game ever. It went down to the final play and the final second with Georgia stuck on the 5 yard line after a tipped pass was caught by the unintended receiver in the right flat, and he fell down 5 yards short of the goal line. Whew!

I can't wait for Alabama vs Notre Dame for all the marbles! Notre Dame is almost a mirror image of the Tide. Their defense is modeled after the Tide's, as well as their offensive style - big bruising backs, tough run defense, the works. It's going to be a great game! Bama's more explosive on offense, which seems to be the main difference. A.J. McCarron can strike at nearly any time, and he's an effective home run hitter from between the 30 and 50 yard lines with the deep pass.

Roll Tide! 3rd BCS title game in the last 4 years! Nebraska is the last team to win 3 titles in 4 years (pre-BCS) in '94, '96 and '97.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Do you think we just saw the national championship game?

That's what a lot of people said! I wouldn't be surprised, but... Georgia lost badly to South Carolina during the season, a 35-7 beatdown where they didn't score their lone TD until like 2 minutes left. Just glad Bama beat them. Makes their loss to Texas A&M look much better.

Notre Dame's front 7 on the defense may be the best in college football, and collectively, both Alabama and Notre Dame claim most of the top rankings in the major defensive statistics. The main difference is offensive production. Alabama has done a great job, especially with that massive offensive line and bruising backs/tight ends and a fast and talented receiving corps, and most of all, they have A.J. McCarron at QB. Not to mention the ridiculous depth that Bama enjoys at most positions, even with several season-ending injuries (2 RBs, 3 WRs and 1 DB). They are loaded 3 deep on the defensive line and there's barely any drop-off in talent and ability. Can the Irish claim that too? I doubt it. That is what they are going to wish they had going up against the best offensive line in the country.

I can't wait for Alabama vs Notre Dame for all the marbles! Notre Dame is almost a mirror image of the Tide.

I honestly can't decide how good the Tide defense actually is. They are obviously pretty good, but in their games against good opposition they hardly looked dominant. LSU, Texas A&M, and Georgia all moved the bll and scored a lot of points on AL. Their defensive statistics looks like they were rolled up dominanting the soft teams on their schedule.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I can't wait for Alabama vs Notre Dame for all the marbles! Notre Dame is almost a mirror image of the Tide.

I honestly can't decide how good the Tide defense actually is. They are obviously pretty good, but in their games against good opposition they hardly looked dominant. LSU, Texas A&M, and Georgia all moved the bll and scored a lot of points on AL. Their defensive statistics looks like they were rolled up dominanting the soft teams on their schedule.

Well, that is a valid point. I would say Alabama's strength is defending against the run. They've had trouble against the pass, primarily for one reason - no dominant pass rusher. No Marcel Dareus or Courtney Upshaw or Don'ta Hightower types. Alabama does have the offense to carry the team when it needs to (see LSU and Georgia games) and they were one 2-yard play away from winning the Texas A&M game. This is the best offense I have seen at Alabama in a long, long time.

And don't forget that A&M recovered an Alabama fumble and Georgia blocked a kick. Without those mistakes, Alabama would have won both games more convincingly. That might be bad for Bama tho, because the Irish have had luck on their side this year.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

And don't forget that A&M recovered an Alabama fumble and Georgia blocked a kick. Without those mistakes, Alabama would have won both games more convincingly. That might be bad for Bama tho, because the Irish have had luck on their side this year.

Yep. Another thing to consider - OC Doug Nussmeier needs to take advantage of Alabama's bread and butter, the running game. If he had done so against Texas A&M, we averaged like 7 yards a carry on the few runs we did, then yeah we'd have won, especially from 1st and goal on the 6 yard line at the end. Bama ended up trying to pass four straight times with a QB scramble to the 2 yard line, 2 incompletions and an interception on 4th down. To this day, I am mystified as to why we didn't put Nose Tackle Jesse Williams in at Full Back and have A.J. hand off to Eddie Lacy. Line them up to follow big D.J. Fluker and nobody can stop those two together.

Make the run set up the play action pass when you want to throw. Its a successful and deadly combination. We did it to Georgia on the final TD drive, Lacy had 3 big runs of at least 10 yards each before McCarron threw 45 yards to Amari Cooper to the end zone.

OC Doug Nussmeier needs to take advantage of Alabama's bread and butter, the running game.

'Bama should do that the entire game. ND won't be able to consistently stop the run, and by the 4th quarter ND's defense will be gasping for air (like Georgia's was).
We are all engines of karma

Yep. Another thing to consider - OC Doug Nussmeier needs to take advantage of Alabama's bread and butter, the running game. If he had done so against Texas A&M, we averaged like 7 yards a carry on the few runs we did, then yeah we'd have won, especially from 1st and goal on the 6 yard line at the end. Bama ended up trying to pass four straight times with a QB scramble to the 2 yard line, 2 incompletions and an interception on 4th down. To this day, I am mystified as to why we didn't put Nose Tackle Jesse Williams in at Full Back and have A.J. hand off to Eddie Lacy. Line them up to follow big D.J. Fluker and nobody can stop those two together.

No, if Alabama could have contained Johnny Football then you might have had a chance.

Alabama will destroy Notre Dame, but they'll have their national championship knowing that The Aggies beat them in their own house.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

And don't forget that A&M recovered an Alabama fumble and Georgia blocked a kick. Without those mistakes, Alabama would have won both games more convincingly.

And were it not for a tipped pass that happened to land right in a Georgia players hands, so that he reflexively caught it instead of letting it hit the ground and stop the clock, it could very well have been Georgia facing ND. Also what do you mean "Alabama would have won both games more convincingly"? Alabama lost to A&M.

Indeed, if Alabama had been called for their dirty, extremely late helmet-to-helmet hit on the Georgia quarterback, it's quite likely they would not have been able to capitalize on the turnover, and again the game would have turned out differently. I wonder how much the referees were paid to look the other way on that play?

Alabama's biggest weakness is that they believe their own press. They'll likely do better if they realize they can be beaten, and don't count their national championships before they're earned.

Don

And don't forget that A&M recovered an Alabama fumble and Georgia blocked a kick. Without those mistakes, Alabama would have won both games more convincingly.

And were it not for a tipped pass that happened to land right in a Georgia players hands, so that he reflexively caught it instead of letting it hit the ground and stop the clock, it could very well have been Georgia facing ND. Also what do you mean "Alabama would have won both games more convincingly"? Alabama lost to A&M.

Indeed, if Alabama had been called for their dirty, extremely late helmet-to-helmet hit on the Georgia quarterback, it's quite likely they would not have been able to capitalize on the turnover, and again the game would have turned out differently. I wonder how much the referees were paid to look the other way on that play?

Alabama's biggest weakness is that they believe their own press. They'll likely do better if they realize they can be beaten, and don't count their national championships before they're earned.

Don

Don, the Dial hit on Murray wasn't categorized as a "late hit". It happened AFTER the interception and during Aaron's pursuit of the ball carrier. That makes Aaron a defender who can be blocked. I don't know why the ref didn't flag Dial for the helmet-to-helmet hit. My only guess is Aaron turned just in time to see Dial about to cream him. Dial led with his shoulder and the collision propelled Aaron's helmet into Dial's.

Now Ogletree's hit on McCarron earlier in the game was flagged as a late hit after a pass, and Georgia got the benefit of some calls/non calls. Like the attempted eye-gouging by a UGA player on Dee Milliner.

Overall, it was a horrible job by the officiating crew. Bad calls went both ways.

You can bet Alabama will represent the SEC and be ready. Saban has done a great job getting his team ready for the bowl games since the 2009 season. They should hammer Notre Dame into submission. It won't be as easy as 21-0 over LSU, but it won't go down to the final play like against Georgia.