promise5

Venting on the temperature here

Just a little vent!
There is no flippin way temps. feel the same no matter where you are!! I don't believe it!!!
It's flippin COLD here.
I know for a fact the 14 degrees would feel so much warmer in a southern state then it does in Alaska!! Its stinking cold here people!! I can't believe I use to lived here for almost 5 years and didn't realize how cold it was.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

It was in the 40s (Farenheit) in Colorado today, but -30 at 10K feet for our second jump. My fingers are still thawing out.

But I've managed to jump all winter. I don't really have to jump again until May, now, and there will be plenty of nice days between now and then.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I tease someone about not jumping because of the cold. So glad you posted that you jumped at that temperature. (-30) Now I really have some ammo.:P:P
But, its still flippn COLD here!

Believe me I tried.

Attention all single guys in the NE:
We have a female needing body warmth.
Please send her a PM requesting driving directions.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.B|

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Long ago, when wind chill factors first came out. We called the weather and ask what the wind chill would be at -20 and 120mph. The guy said the chart didn't go that far and why the hell would we want to know that?
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

ROFLing
NW very far NW
I'm visiting my family in Alaska for the next week or so.
It would a little bit of a drive for anyone, and I wouldn't wish driving the Alaskan highway in the winter on anyone. Been there done that!! eeekkk
Believe me I tried.

Long ago, when wind chill factors first came out. We called the weather and ask what the wind chill would be at -20 and 120mph. The guy said the chart didn't go that far and why the hell would we want to know that?

I can understand wind chill,but its clear,calm and flippin cold!!!
Believe me I tried.

ROFLing
NW very far NW
It would a little bit of a drive for anyone, and I wouldn't wish driving the Alaskan highway in the winter on anyone. Been there done that!! eeekkk

Oh.:$
In that case, say "hello" for me to Joel, Maurice, Maggie, Holling, Shelly, Chris, Ed, Ruth-Anne, and Marilyn.

BTW Can you see Russia from the porch there?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ROFLing
NW very far NW

Oh.:$
In that case, say "hello" for me to Joel, Maurice, Maggie, Holling, Shelly, Chris, Ed, Ruth-Anne, and Marilyn.

BTW Can you see Russia from the porch there?

Will, tell them you said "hi", not sure if it will be the same people but I'm sure I can find people by that name lol
Oh no I can't see Russia from my porch, my igloo faces the other direction. Ugh, I have to go feed the penguins now:P
Believe me I tried.

It will be in the upper 70s at least in Fitz. next month. You should come see.

I am so tempted:PBut, my twin is getting married and I don't think she would understand my not being here for her wedding:P
Believe me I tried.

lol My twins wedding. Came up for the bridal shower and might be staying till the wedding.
I'll also add that they can get snow here at the end of May.:P:P

:o

You, and your twin, might want to do the jump before your Brother-in Law knocks her up.

Fly to Florida or California. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

lol My twins wedding. Came up for the bridal shower and might be staying till the wedding.
I'll also add that they can get snow here at the end of May.:P:P

:o

You, and your twin, might want to do the jump before your Brother-in Law knocks her up.

Fly to Florida or California. :)
Oh I told her if she gets pregnant before we tandem I will sooooo make sure that's the only child they have. As in I will HURT him big time.:P
Believe me I tried.

I can understand wind chill,but its clear,calm and flippin cold!!!

Oh quit-cher-bitchin and go watch the Aurora

Just a little vent!
There is no flippin way temps. feel the same no matter where you are!! I don't believe it!!!
It's flippin COLD here.
I know for a fact the 14 degrees would feel so much warmer in a southern state then it does in Alaska!! Its stinking cold here people!! I can't believe I use to lived here for almost 5 years and didn't realize how cold it was.
-----------------------------------------------------
Guess it must depend on what region in AK...
I lived in Anchorage for many years.
Though the winters were longer, darker, quite abit more snow...the mean temp was actually much milder then the winters I spent in CO Rockies & in my homegrown So. WI.
Obviously, in outlying areas ( aka "the bush") & the occassional winter & fronts giving exception to the norm., my experience was no more frigid than what it is right now -20, w/ up to 50 mph winds forecasted, here in very tip of NE. WI :S

Oh, so is just your sister the only one still in AK?
I just read your pm you sent me saying are a military brat currently residing in CT., formerly in AK., but you grew up, are from, & most of your extended family now lives in Phillips, WI....1 of my old deer hunting stomping ground areas.
So does only your twin still live in AK... I'm curious what outlying region, town, city, hub ?
As a military brat, what military branch / base/ city did you live...Elmendorf /Ft. Richardson, Ft. Wainwright ..Army, Air Force ?
I was a Postal Worker working freight mail at the airline terminal off Postmark DR., Anchorage, adjacent to the International Airport.
I lived on the corner of Island Dr / Muldoon at the foothills of Chugiak Mt. range for a few years, then across Cook Inlet in Gov't Hill ( just off Elmendorf) for another few.
I have traveled the Matanuska Valley extensively, as I did throughout AK. My now deceased husband & I also had a drywall biz in AK. My 2 brother in laws & father in law worked the pipeline at Prudhoe Bay.
At the time I was there, I was the only woman who had bid for & accepted the position at USPS, moving 10k-20k bulk mail/ shift to the troops stationed at the interior bases, FPOs/ APOs, also any/ all products, equip., etc to all out lying bush areas, & "the outside" ( aka. the lower 48) & internationally. as well.
I am as geographically familiar with AK. as a map, as it was my job to know what loading equipment -v- airline or freight carrier, mail needed to be distibuted from: Ketchican, Kenai, Skagway, Valdez, Seward to Nome, Naknek, Antioch, Talkeetna, Soldotna, Barrow, Prudhoe Bay to Bethel, Juneau, Fairbanks, Denali, Glenallen, McGrath, Eagle River, Palmer,Willow, Wasilla, yadayaayada...
I didn't particularly care for it when I was there. Anchorage had the highest crime rate/ capita in the nation, & was always working so couldn't really enjoy its beauty & natural resources..but thinking I'd love it now !
Not many have been there to visit, less have traveled there to live...are there now more than 3 Alaska State Highways: Alcan, Seward, Glenallen ?

Oh, so is just your sister the only one still in AK?
I just read your pm you sent me saying are a military brat currently residing in CT., formerly in AK., but you grew up, are from, & most of your extended family now lives in Phillips, WI....1 of my old deer hunting stomping ground areas.
So does only your twin still live in AK... I'm curious what outlying region, town, city, hub ?
As a military brat, what military branch / base/ city did you live...Elmendorf /Ft. Richardson, Ft. Wainwright ..Army, Air Force ?
I was a Postal Worker working freight mail at the airline terminal off Postmark DR., Anchorage, adjacent to the International Airport.
I lived on the corner of Island Dr / Muldoon at the foothills of Chugiak Mt. range for a few years, then across Cook Inlet in Gov't Hill ( just off Elmendorf) for another few.
I have traveled the Matanuska Valley extensively, as I did throughout AK. My now deceased husband & I also had a drywall biz in AK. My 2 brother in laws & father in law worked the pipeline at Prudhoe Bay.
At the time I was there, I was the only woman who had bid for & accepted the position at USPS, moving 10k-20k bulk mail/ shift to the troops stationed at the interior bases, FPOs/ APOs, also any/ all products, equip., etc to all out lying bush areas, & "the outside" ( aka. the lower 48) & internationally. as well.
I am as geographically familiar with AK. as a map, as it was my job to know what loading equipment -v- airline or freight carrier, mail needed to be distibuted from: Ketchican, Kenai, Skagway, Valdez, Seward to Nome, Naknek, Antioch, Talkeetna, Soldotna, Barrow, Prudhoe Bay to Bethel, Juneau, Fairbanks, Denali, Glenallen, McGrath, Eagle River, Palmer,Willow, Wasilla, yadayaayada...
I didn't particularly care for it when I was there. Anchorage had the highest crime rate/ capita in the nation, & was always working so couldn't really enjoy its beauty & natural resources..but thinking I'd love it now !
Not many have been there to visit, less have traveled there to live...are there now more than 3 Alaska State Highways: Alcan, Seward, Glenallen ?

My family lives in Palmer in the valley. My parents 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Not a military brat in the more common sense but my family is very very military. My dad was Air Force, returned to WI met and married and started having kids. Moved to Alaska and switched to Guard. I spent the first 12 years of my life there on 60+ fabulous acres just outside of Phillips. Loved living there,had a great childhood. Yes, some of my extended family is there, but also have family from NY to CA and down to TX and north to CO. crud I'm missing some. Lets see FL, MN, AR,IN,PA MI, whew I think I got them all, we get around alot. Moved with my family to Alaska. Its considered a joint base now, Joint Base Elemendorf Richardson and my dad is Guard. I'm sure everyone is very interested in my life story,but hey ask away:P:P
crap, hope that didn't come off as snarky.
Believe me I tried.