strife

oops

That airline has a poor safety record that just got worse. :|

Yikes! - Lion Air Incidents & Accidents

Interesting, from the news report it almost seemed that it was a too low approach that got them there, not it running off the runway.

Maybe BOTH reverse thrusters were INOP on this one.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Any landing ya can walk SWIM away from...

Gee, everyone thought Sully was a hero when he put it in the water, but this guy gets no slack.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Gee, everyone thought Sully was a hero when he put it in the water, but this guy gets no slack.[:/]

Circumstances were different. Sully lost his engines due to bird strikes and the only place he could put the plane down without loss of life was the Hudson River.

The Lion pilot fucked up the landing.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There is a difference between landing an airplane dead stick because that's the only place you could put it and flying a "perfectly good airplane" into the water short of the runway.

Circumstances were different. Sully lost his engines due to bird strikes and the only place he could put the plane down without loss of life was the Hudson River.

Thanks for clearing that up for us Captain.

You never saw "Catch-22"? Remember everyone was giving Capt Oar grief because he was always ditching in the water. But in the end we learned he was *practicing* for the time when he needed to be able to do it.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Anyone know if they are related to the:

Fung Wha Bus company?

"Fung Wah has a history of crashes and other safety violations. In the past two years, it has been cited for 159 maintenance violations, including 23 instances of cracked, loose, or broken frames, according to federal regulators. Its drivers are ranked in the bottom 3 percent of drivers nationwide based on experience and training, and its unsafe driving rating is below the industry standard."

[:/] http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2013/03/01/federal-authorities-shut-down-fung-wah/IHSu0v1wQXpRJSW7mjVUbJ/story.html

I think this is the same place Lodi sends it aircraft to for maintanence??? :)

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Yikes! - Lion Air Incidents & Accidents

It must be THE place to send airliners to die...and be written off and recycle the aluminum.

Hi AJ

Glad to see you back. :)
The airport in bali is located on the narrowest part of the island, with fill at both ends to extend the runway.

We flew on Garuda airlines from the U.S. to bali for their first boogie.Garuda air is the naional airline of Indonesia. The plane we flew on was a nice shiny new boeing with a big plaque showing the name of real owner.

Great Boogie we had to use the airport as our LZ. Dont remember anyone landing in the water:)
With Tiger airs landing record its amazing they can still get more planes and insurance to replace the bent ones.

The plane in this incident is a low timer, duct tape can cover the scratchs and some fresh water can flush out the salt water from the engines. Then return it to the lease company for another demo.:)
Might be time to downsize.

R
One Jump Wonder

The plane in this incident is a low timer, duct tape can cover the scratchs and some fresh water can flush out the salt water from the engines. Then return it to the lease company for another demo.:)
Might be time to downsize.

R

yeah apparently two months old
http://avherald.com/h?article=460aeabb&opt=0

http://i49.tinypic.com/34or49l.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2m2jp76.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2n8n67o.jpg

I fail to see the problem: they were going to a tropical island. They were going to go to the beach anyhow. They just got there a bit sooner than they planned. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Elvisio "surf's up" Rodriguez

....and probably got a free plane ticket back home out of it, too!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239