promise5

What's your biggest,"This is gonna hurt," moment?

What part of stomping on an ice ledge did he think was a good idea? He should be lucky it was only a 10 foot drop.

:|:D

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=2&from=en-us_msnhpvidmod#/video/31175f3a-a897-07c8-4334-0a2c59294a9a

Future swooper?

Idjit!

Democrat.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The NHL was locked out and we had several LA Kings playing on our Burbank team, "the point O eights". Gary Schuchuck was on my line and we jumped on the ice with 48 seconds remaining and a one goal lead against a team of ex pros from Europe.

Gary took a slapper as he crossed the red line to dump it in. The puck hit a stick and went in to the rafters. I looked around to see where it went. Just as I looked up...damn, right in the chiclets!

I took my mouthguard out and a bunch of my pearly whites were shattered. The ref skated up to me and had this shocked look on his face..." Dude, your fucked up"!

It was 10:30 at night. Dave Taylor, the King's captain was also on our team. He called their team dentist. No luck. We called everyone's dentist and finally found a guy in Redondo Beach that would come in.

The ride from Burbank to Redondo was grueling, as the pain was setting in.

I won't bore you with the details, let's just say my triceps hurt the next day as bad as my mouth from griiping the dental chair for three hours. Four lost chiclets, four root canals and stiches from cut gums.B|

Oh the memories:PB|

Twice doing what ?

Actually it's more than twice... But the one where I remember very clearly thinking "this is a stupid way to die" was when I dropped my bike and I went skidding across the other side of the road... I thought for sure I would get hit by on-coming traffic but actually nothing happened. Everyone stopped and I only got a teeny scrape on my knee and a mildly damaged bike.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

The NHL was locked out and we had several LA Kings playing on our Burbank team, "the point O eights". Gary Schuchuck was on my line and we jumped on the ice with 48 seconds remaining and a one goal lead against a team of ex pros from Europe.

Gary took a slapper as he crossed the red line to dump it in. The puck hit a stick and went in to the rafters. I looked around to see where it went. Just as I looked up...damn, right in the chiclets!

I took my mouthguard out and a bunch of my pearly whites were shattered. The ref skated up to me and had this shocked look on his face..." Dude, your fucked up"!

It was 10:30 at night. Dave Taylor, the King's captain was also on our team. He called their team dentist. No luck. We called everyone's dentist and finally found a guy in Redondo Beach that would come in.

The ride from Burbank to Redondo was grueling, as the pain was setting in.

I won't bore you with the details, let's just say my triceps hurt the next day as bad as my mouth from griiping the dental chair for three hours. Four lost chiclets, four root canals and stiches from cut gums.B|

Oh the memories:PB|

You win!

Years ago, before seatbelts were the law and people just didn't wear them, I hydroplaned a '73 Challenger through a red light at about 50MPH.
I saw the light but couldn't stop. It was raining and the road was wet. Tried brakes and steering to avoid the cross traffic that had already started through the intersection. Cop saw the whole thing happen. Said he could see my wheels locking up and releasing, the fronts turning left and right as I tried to get traction.
Just before slamming into the cross traffic and bending my car almost in half, I had a thought of crushing my jaw and teeth, or my throat into the steering wheel just as a friend had done and threw both arms up in front of my face and throat with the thought of braking both arms being preferable to a crushed throat or choking on blood and broken teeth.
Hit a Datsun B210 first knocking and spinning it out of the way. Never felt that impact.
Hit a box truck next almost flipping it as my car folded.
When everything stopped, my car was kind of folded in half, the engine still running and I had to go out a window to get out. Worst injury was the lady driving the Datsun B210 had a broken collar bone.
It all seemed to happen in slow motion but was over in just a few seconds. It was definitely one of those "this is gonna hurt" moments that when it was over and done with was not as bad as it could have been.

It was back before we became as lawsuit happy as we are nowadays.
I called the lady in the Datsun B210 and the truck driver multiple times, checking on them and updating them on my communications with the insurance company.
I had to go to court and both the lady and the truck driver showed up and actually spoke to the judge on my behalf.
I was 17 and was really touched by their gesture.
Canopies must all be female. If I treat mine good, she gives me a good ride. If I slap her in the bag, she will dump me like a turd.

Courtesy of PRE7117, love that line.

March 23, 1994.

About three seconds prior to impact when I went in with a badly messed up reserve. It really didn't hurt very much at all.

Then I finally regained conscience. That hurt a bit.

Then the shock wore off. That hurt a bit more.

Then the pain killers wore off. Oooooh, that pain sucked.

Then the 6 months off with spinal problems. Yeah, pretty uncomfortable for awhile.

First jump back. Painless. But damned scary.

John

Racing MX and must have clicked down in to first gear on the bike in a turn to set up for about an 85 foot triple...

Typically came off the table top in to the turn before it in 3rd clicked down to 2nd, pinned it out of the corner and shifted back in to 3rd to make the triple!

It was a really short run up and I remember thinking as I left the lip of the jump... "Oh shit this is gonna hurt" and bailed off the bike about 25 feet in the air because I didnt want to slam in to the back side of the landing ON the bike.

Broke both arms, tib/fib, hip and pelvis...

I was right... IT HURT!!!
"I once met three guys named pain, suffering and sacrafice. Now were inseperable, were best friends."

-Lance Armstrong