streaker

AT&T or Sprint?

Moving from Verizon. Which carrier provides better coverage AT&T or Sprint. They both have the HTC One that I want to purchase. They both have similar plans and pricing.

Good and bad comments are welcomed......Thanks!
Have a yippee ki ya day!

Last I knew, Sprint was the only major carrier whose "unlimited" data plan really was unlimited. Has that changed?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Same here. Sprint was terrible when I had them. About the only complaint I have about choosing one service, however, is the uncertainty about how a device actually will work once you have it. Kind of tough to check out the internet browser in the store, as they don't connect any of the devices to the internet! [:/]

I started with Sprint early on, and made sure the plan and phone included text capability. It turned out that the text process for Sprint was to connect you to the internet first, sort of like using an email account. The coverage was also spotty, so I cancelled that plan within the 30 days.

Yes, I know all companies have come a long way since then, but the OP asked for our input! In Tampa, I've done great with Verizon. Add to that the fact that my family is all on Verizon, so calls between us are included, any day, any time. I manage my account online, and activate my phone when I travel to the US.

I would be interested to hear some opinions about which carrier has better international plans, though!

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I went from AT&T to Ting back in March, they are a reseller of Sprint airtime.

(Here's a referral link if you decide to go that route, it's good for $25 off any device: https://z347k41ema2.ting.com/).

My bill dropped from $135/mo w/ 2 devices to $54/mo with no issues in quality. Best part about the service I like is the online dashboard which gives you realtime usage and the ability to individually scale minutes/text/MBs each month. Oh, and if you don't break the barrier for the next notch down on any of those, they refund you the difference... no rollover BS, just rollover cash :p

Might not be for everyone (especially people who burn up the internet), but take a look at your last couple bills/usage reports and compare (I was amazed when I did the math, myself). The devices are not subsidized, so they're expensive at the get-go, but no contracts/ETFs.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Thanks for your comments!

After some on line research I've decided to go AT&T.

AT&T has complete 4G network coverage and also has better compatibility with European networks.

The jury is out......Thanks again all
Have a yippee ki ya day!

You need to talk to people in the area you're going to be using your phone.

Here AT&T has by far the best coverage (including being the only carrier at my mother in laws house), and Verizon is really good in urban areas. If I go to New York City I'm hating AT&T because they suck!

For best all around, it's probably still Verizon. Sprint is a good way to get real unlimited, so they have that going for them. As it stands I want a family plan and the phone has to work at the MIL's house.

I have Boost Mobile which is owned I believe by Sprint. $45 per month which includes insurance. Unlimited talk, web and
text. You do have to buy the phone.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"