D22369

going to seattle

taking my first real vacation in over a decade so me n the kid are hitting seattle this week for two or three days, we are planning on starting our expedition at pike place- hitting the boardwalk n small shops around there and have point defiance zoo on the list, however ... other than that I am not sure where to go, he's 10 and I would like to make sure he has a great time.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ty;

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Like sushi? I Googled "Seattle awesome sushi" a few years back and drove to the first place that popped up; http://kisaku.com/kisaku/. It was, indeed, awesome. Certainly worth a 3000+ mile round trip drive.

The traffic there would drive me insane in a matter of days. Next time I go, my strategy will be to park at a hotel on the edge of town and take public transportation around.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Amazon

Take him to the Needle... and to the Seattle Aquarium... check out the seafood while its swimming.. then head south a couple piers... and have some on the plate at Ivars.:D

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=47.606351&lon=-122.340038&z=16&m=b&show=/1938153/

LOL:ph34r::ph34r: that's exactly what Mrs Squeak and I did when we were there, Seattle Seaquarium then chowder at Ivars:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

FlyingRhenquest

Like sushi? I Googled "Seattle awesome sushi" a few years back and drove to the first place that popped up; http://kisaku.com/kisaku/. It was, indeed, awesome. Certainly worth a 3000+ mile round trip drive.

Shiro's is awesome they get great uni (try the uni ika shomen). Shiki is one of the few places in America which can serve Fugu - call ahead in-season and they can serve you a tasting menu.

I really like the variety of salmon - that's almost a Portlandia episode

"Your King salmon Fred grew up on the West bank of the Copper River"

The traffic there would drive me insane in a matter of days. Next time I go, my strategy will be to park at a hotel on the edge of town and take public transportation around.

Yeah it's horrible. I spent FOUR HOURS one day driving the 90 miles from Shelton to Seattle. My wife spent about as long making it the few miles across Lake Washington.

OTOH, if you're not enroute to a startup liquidity event it's probably better to pay income tax and have roads that aren't ludicrously undersized.

Amazon

Take him to the Needle... and to the Seattle Aquarium... check out the seafood while its swimming.. then head south a couple piers... and have some on the plate at Ivars.:D

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=47.606351&lon=-122.340038&z=16&m=b&show=/1938153/

This is the reply I was preparing in my mind when I read the OP. :)
Two of my fondest childhood memories (my dad worked for Boeing) are of the Space Needle and Ivars!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I love sushi, the kid... not so much :ph34r: however.. we may just go n give it a try anyhow, thanks for the idea of the public transportation!!! that is an awesome idea

Roy

ok, got the museum of flight - seattle aquarium - the needle - the windtunnel if they have an open slot - we have done the needle before but will prolly still go see again. IVARS!!!! I had forgot about them, was planning on the bratwurst stand on the end of the pier... if its still there, but yes - ivars sounds better.

hmmm, however if he makes the connection between swimming critters n food.... I will never get him to eat seafood again [:/] he's a bit softhearted *(and his mom's a vegan)

thanks Jeanne! and to everyone for the idea's

we are gonna have a ton of fun :)

our seattle trips are a yearly thing, usually only one day though - we did the rock n roll museum last year, I liked it, he.... wasn't impressed - 9yr olds[:/]

his attention span is shorter n his pecker
but thanks though!

Roy