blondeflyer7

Dreams

It seems that in the last couple of weeks I've had alot of skydiving dreams, they are so cool B|. Anyone here had dreams of skydiving?

Before I started skydiving I would dream I could fly and I'd go flying around all these really cool places. B| Now I dream of skydiving/flying all the time. I've never dreamed of a mal or cutaway though. They're always good dreams and I wake up ready to go skydiving! Ooopps, got to work today...[:/] Just last night I had great skydiving/flying dream where I was actually flying up and swooping through trees and stuff and even though I could fly I eventually opened my paachute and landed. It's a dream what do you expect?:S

Christina

I had a dream that I bounced once. I wrote a thread on that ones. I was flying when I realized that I had no altimeter on, so I figured my pro track would go off. Soon I realizewd that the ground was getting to close, but the protrack wasnt going off. So I decide to pull, but my hacky got stuck. I yanked on it again, but it was too late. I hit the ground. I got up and just walked away from it.
The thing to learn from the drea is that you altimeter is a back up, and your pro track is a back up to the back up. Always be altitude aware.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

Here was one of my dreams....

I went to my dz and they said they were not jumping that day. Then I overheard them talking to the piolet and they were getting on to him for coming into the dz so close. I guess thats why she thought they weren't jumping...... anyway I saw people
getting dressed and geared up and I asked the manifester....."I thought we weren't jumping
today". She let me on the next load. I was suppose
to do a hop-n-pop but the way I was falling it was alot more altitude. I looked and saw everyone flying around me. Then I deployed my chute. It was
the smoothest opening I ever had....I landed in a ditch but stood it up.

The wierd thing is the landing in the ditch came true...but still again I butt swooped:D

I have a lot of dreams where I have impossibly hard pulls on my cutaway/reserve handles. As in I'm wedging my feet in with my hands to get the thing out. Those are kind of creepy. :o

I had a really interesting dream the night after I had my little "problem" on the tube dive. I dreamed tha I was able to fly effortlessly, perfectly, in every dimension. On my head, on my back... I'd just fly up and do it. Probably a subconscious manifestation of my desire to improve given my inability to do what I wanted/needed that day.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

It seems that in the last couple of weeks I've had alot of skydiving dreams, they are so cool B|. Anyone here had dreams of skydiving?

I have skydiving dreams fairly often (1-2/month).. Last one I can remember was last week, I was jumping over an ocean, threw out at 3000, and the canopy kept sniveling as I was thinking how it was going to be a sweet opening.. then I decided to give the risers a shake after it had been sniveling for a long time, and when I did it opened and I 'landed' in the water 2 seconds later. :)

--
Hook high, flare on time

and when I did it opened and I 'landed' in the water 2 seconds later.

I think you were dreaming of the movie point break.;)

Hrm, I haven't seen that movie in years. I think I do remember them doing something like that though now that you mention it..

--
Hook high, flare on time

How wierd. I can't remember having a skydiving freefall dream. I've had dreams about hanging out at the DZ/DZ friends, but no freefall/canopy/landing dreams.

Doesn't mean I haven't had em'. Just don't remember.

"I am Dutch. Isn't that weird?" -Goldmember (wait for the video)

Are you sure you weren't just asleep drunk and with the bedspins?

Yes. The dream had me spinning on my stomach with the axis of rotation about midway up where my risers would be. Bedspins are on my back, with the rotation point through my waist. Duh! ;)

I've had a few dreams where I went in with nothing open. When I hit the ground in the dream I'm dead, and then I wake up from the dream.

The worst dream about skydiving was watching a friend go in. I can't explain the horror. I couldn't go back to sleep after that. I saw my friend's face in the dream, they looked at me, and seeing their realization on their face was something I can't get out of my head. Never want to see that in real life.

I have yet to remember fun skydiving dreams. Didn't mean to post nightmares instead of dreams. :S ;) Maybe I shouldn't have a night cap before bed anymore.

I have dreams constantly about jjumping..I think its because that is all I can think about when i go to sleep.. usually I have to try to think about something else before I can actually fall asleep... one funny dream in particular..it was the richmond boogie and the ground was moundy enough to be a golf course, but it was all muddy.. I had a bad main so i cut it away then a bad reserve...so I cut that away too.... (my reasoning was since I was light (165#) I could flare my track and land it... it worked great and I came in about 150 miles pr/hour flared my track and turf surfed about 200 yards! everyone stood up in amazement, but I shrugged it off as if I did it every day... fun fun fun, but dont try that at home!;););)
yoshi

yeah i have dreams alll the time...and then when i wake up in the worning the first thing i do is look out the window and go hmm what a nice day for jumping..lol
In my dreams i can do all of the way call freeflying moves like on freefly video's..itss madddB|...lol

I never have skydiving dreams, I do have flying dreams though. Its funny, I can fly in my dreams but I never get too high off the ground because I don't like heights.

The brain works in weird ways.
If you want to fly, get out of the plane!

My Homepage
My Blogger

my first skydiving dreams always found me in freefall, going to check my alti, and finding only my wristwatch there. oops! i had another where i was on a four-way with my boyfriend, one of the instructors at the dz, and some unknown character. at separation altitude, my boyfriend grabbed me and the instructor and pulled us into a head down with him. i was freaking out because i couldn't get away and i don't have a cypress, but finally i got away from him and pulled just in time for my canopy to open and land me safely.

it seems in all of my skydiving dreams my canopy opens JUST in time for me to land safely. what's up with that???
spiral out...keep going...