GooniesKid

A serious question about an Ex...

Hi everyone.

So believe it or not I had a girlfriend once...yes, i know it's hard to believe. I know what you're all thinking, "how can this jerk, troll, bastard, a-hole get a girlfriend...did he pay her or something?". I get it.

So with today's technology it's very easy to connect with people. I started using Facebook back in 2007. I got a request from my Ex-girlfriend. I never responded and just declined. Then just two weeks ago i got another request from her.

I mean, why would she try to reconnect with me? Obviously we broke up and the point is I never looked back, never had any regrets...well, my only regret is she took my virginity. but I never looked back.

From a lady's perspective why would she try to reconnect with me?
From a guy's perspective do you think I should reconnect in the hopes of "getting some"?

Thanks my skydiving friends!

The reasons could be innumerable; everything from innocent to nefarious. It might just be to say hi. It might be to finally extract her revenge. Might be child support even if you're not the father. Might be to ask your forgiveness because she "done you wrong" and is currently going through a 12-step program.

There's only one way to find out.

Have cautious optimism.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

The reasons could be innumerable; everything from innocent to nefarious. It might just be to say hi. It might be to finally extract her revenge. Might be child support even if you're not the father. Might be to ask your forgiveness because she "done you wrong" and is currently going through a 12-step program.

There's only one way to find out.

Have cautious optimism.

Cautious,,,very much so.
Optimistic,,not so much.

That 12-step program isn't far from the truth. I once accepted a college friend, on facebook, a couple years ago. We had some small conversations and finally she told me, "i'm sorry for corrupting you, you were such a nice guy,,,but we (everyone at the dorms) got you into smoking, drinking, partying, etc". I told her, "nothing to be sorry about, it was all my decision". Soon after i was defriended. I guess she wanted to be sure she was clear of conscious and/or guilt.

I figured part of the reason would be to see how life turned out for me without her. I guess that's fine but what matters is that i'm much happier without her! :)
Sure i work in the entertainment industry (because i signed a non-disclosure agreement i cannot disclose what i do and/or where i work) and the work has it's cycles but i get to do things and have opportunities i wouldn't of had if i was still with her.

what really sucks is that she's still friends with my sister :| . But again i think she is friends with my sister only to see if there's any pictures of me on her facebook page (which there aren't).

GooniesKid

Ok,,,took a look at the friend count and it's in the 500's. So yeah, she's just looking for numbers to boost.

And there i was thinking I was special :|

You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake!

You should replace your facebook profile pic with a young Robert Redford.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

GooniesKid

I figured part of the reason would be to see how life turned out for me without her. I guess that's fine but what matters is that i'm much happier without her! :)

Isn't that all that matters then? B|

Sure i work in the entertainment industry (because i signed a non-disclosure agreement i cannot disclose what i do and/or where i work) and the work has it's cycles but i get to do things and have opportunities i wouldn't of had if i was still with her.

At least your not with her and then resent her for missing opportunities!

what really sucks is that she's still friends with my sister :| . But again i think she is friends with my sister only to see if there's any pictures of me on her facebook page (which there aren't).

Oh I feel you on that one. My asshole brother and my asshole exHusband are best friends. Even after all of the misery and pain the xH put me though. YAY for family. :S
Always be kinder than you feel.

FlyingRhenquest

***Ok,,,took a look at the friend count and it's in the 500's. So yeah, she's just looking for numbers to boost.

And there i was thinking I was special :|

You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake!

You should replace your facebook profile pic with a young Robert Redford.

Hubba hubba!! That's who I think my exBoyfriend looks like. :$
Always be kinder than you feel.

So with today's technology it's very easy to connect with people. I started using Facebook back in 2007. I got a request from my Ex-girlfriend. I never responded and just declined. Then just two weeks ago i got another request from her.

Don’t be such a wussy cakes, she can’t hurt you through the computer. I have remained friends with my ex-wife and a few girlfriends over the years. It is never wise to burn bridges.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals