Amazon

Werewolf found dead in Death Valley

RIP "Fenrir"

The valley in summer is a hard place and even today survival is not always easy.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=877084&ocid=fbmsn

The area was so remote that the Highway Patrol helicopter H-82 had to transport the body. The Sheriff's Dispatch says it appears Legeno died of heat-related issues, but the Inyo County Coroner will ultimately determine the final cause of death. There are no signs of foul play.

BillyVance

Saw that earlier... His mistake was trying this alone. Always have a buddy, who can call for help if things go south.

I have spent a fair amount of time in the valley as well as other places not far from there. Summers are beyond brutal. The last time I was there it was 109 degrees Fahrenheit at 9 am in the morning at Furnace Creek. I walked into the shower and got soaking wet just to cool off. I was completely dry 10 minutes later. The amount of water that air will suck out of you is amazing.

It's not just the Valley. They found a guy who's been missing for a week in the mountains at 10k feet. Hadn't seen him since July 3. He had a broken leg.

Always go with a buddy. And always carry a way to communicate.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

It's not just the Valley. They found a guy who's been missing for a week in the mountains at 10k feet. Hadn't seen him since July 3. He had a broken leg.

Was he dead or still alive? If alive, he was lucky. Over the years, I've heard more than a few stories of folks going missing in the Mojave Desert only to be found months or even years later all mummified like.

I'd guess it involves process of elimination. No injuries. No evidence of foul play. Negative toxicology report. Etc. He was found in Death Valley in the middle of July, dead without water, must be he died of heat related issues is the most likely cause of death. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I'd guess that's the jist of it. Is there a forensics scientist in the house?

Too many people these days are substituting that second recommendation for understanding the conditions they're getting into, and preparing for them. Kind of like a Cypres on your rig, a cell phone shouldn't be substituted for preparation.

I know you're not advocating that, I just spent the last several nights reading White Mountains incident reports.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

ZigZagMarquis

I'd guess it involves process of elimination. No injuries. No evidence of foul play. Negative toxicology report. Etc. He was found in Death Valley in the middle of July, dead without water, must be he died of heat related issues is the most likely cause of death. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I'd guess that's the jist of it. Is there a forensics scientist in the house?

There's a place in Seattle, Ye Old Curiosity Shoppe, that has a mummified cowboy from the late 1800's, found in the desert, with a prominent bullet hole in his abdomen. Pretty obvious, even to an non expert, that firearms were involved. And yes, it's a pretty bizarre display.:S

JohnMitchell

***I'd guess it involves process of elimination. No injuries. No evidence of foul play. Negative toxicology report. Etc. He was found in Death Valley in the middle of July, dead without water, must be he died of heat related issues is the most likely cause of death. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I'd guess that's the jist of it. Is there a forensics scientist in the house?

There's a place in Seattle, Ye Old Curiosity Shoppe, that has a mummified cowboy from the late 1800's, found in the desert, with a prominent bullet hole in his abdomen. Pretty obvious, even to an non expert, that firearms were involved. And yes, it's a pretty bizarre display.:S

Well, that is certainly sick & twisted: https://www.google.com/search?q=Seattle,+Ye+Olde+Curiosity+Shoppe&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=YkzBU6fBIIWfyASUj4LoDA&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1231&bih=1035
:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.