SkymonkeyONE

51 years old and still at it.

SkymonkeyONE

51, started jumping at 17 on 10 Jan 1981, SL instructor in 1982, 21 years active duty Army, 9000 jumps, 120 hours of freefall, FAA senior rigger, AFF/SL/T-I, PRO, S&TA, moderated these forums for 8 years, and still best friends with all the original mods. Not bad....

Brandy says, Happy Birthday, and so do I.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

not bad ya old fart! :P

hey! anyone older n me is oooolddd! :D

plus that 21 years in the military.... now dat adds on da miles!

Roy

Ps: just noticed the date you started jumping... southern state DZ or overseas?

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

D22369

not bad ya old fart! :P

hey! anyone older n me is oooolddd! :D

plus that 21 years in the military.... now dat adds on da miles!

Roy

Ps: just noticed the date you started jumping... southern state DZ or overseas?

Probably on his dad's DZ in Tuskegee, AL... Just guessing here. ;)

Happy Birthday old man! :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Happy Birthday to the lightweight slacker. I mean really don't you think you should have tried a little harder?
Just kidding. Damn good job. Keep enjoying life.

And thank you for your service. Our times crossed but you spent a lot more time. Kudos and enjoy the memories.
And keep making more. Slacker.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Thank you for your service. My skydiving history is similar to yours. I'm 52, First jump 1978 age 16, Got every rating, jumping was my entire life. Burned out in 2002, let all my ratings lapse, and now only jump for the pure relaxation it provides me. I'm lucky to make 25 jumps a year now. How do you keep from burning out? My hat is off to you! Congratulations.

dzswoop717

I'm 52, First jump 1978 age 16, Got every rating, jumping was my entire life. Burned out in 2002, let all my ratings lapse, and now only jump for the pure relaxation it provides me. I'm lucky to make 25 jumps a year now. How do you keep from burning out?

I know you were asking him, but my answer is that I'm still basically a weekend jumper and I mix fun jumping with work jumps. If I were to do only one or the other, or jump 5 days a week, I think I would have burned out years ago. I took the middle path. :)

I've never let my ratings lapse in all that time. I did take a "sort of" break for a couple of years and only made like 25 jumps a year. I've made at least 600 jumps a year since I retired from the army in 2003. I still skydive for a living and make ~800 jumps a year jumping monday thru friday. I'll keep this pace till my body won't let me, then I'll move back to FL and cut the grass or gas planes in Z-hills. :ph34r:

SkymonkeyONE

I'll keep this pace till my body won't let me, then I'll move back to FL and cut the grass or gas planes in Z-hills. :ph34r:

I've been back to making about 250 a year since I retired from the FAA. Once I get some more real estate sold off I hope to make 300 a year. It sure is an incentive to keep in shape. ;)

I made 2 tandems with family members on Friday, then 5 on Saturday and 5 on Sunday, a mix of RW, tandems and AFF. Not a blistering rate but our season is slowing down up here. If I could do that all year round (no rainy season) that would be about 600 a year. :)
Here's a pic of me taking Vskydiver's sister on her 2nd tandem. Vskydiver is in white and our son is in blue. :)

You're living the dream and have an excellent retirement plan. I had been around and in the skydiving business my entire life until 2002 when I started a new business where I actually make money. Now I can afford to skydive , but I don't have the time. I plan to jump more next year, I have been saying that for the last several years. Guys like you are my heroes. Retired Military service people deserve what you earned, now it is your turn to enjoy life. Good for you!

SkymonkeyONE

51, started jumping at 17 on 10 Jan 1981, SL instructor in 1982, 21 years active duty Army, 9000 jumps, 120 hours of freefall, FAA senior rigger, AFF/SL/T-I, PRO, S&TA, moderated these forums for 8 years, and still best friends with all the original mods. Not bad....

You win.

Happy Birthday, Chuck :D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.