riggerrob

imposter on Remembrance Day?

It is no longer illegal in the US to wear the uniform and is a form of "Free Speech."

It is illegal to wear the uniform and commit a fraud while wearing it.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

SivaGanesha

***uniform that is so similar to the uniform of any of those forces that it is likely to be mistaken therefor

Therein lies the rub. It sounds like it wasn't sufficiently similar to actually fool anyone.

....................................................................................

This is where we start to disagree. All of the parts of his uniform were genuine (MIL SPEC), just that all of the pieces of the picture did not add up.
At first glance, his uniform almost looked genuine.
For starters, beards are really rare in the Canadian infantry. His fraud did not become apparent until Canadian paratrooper veterans started asking each other: "Do you know this guy?"
This fraudser was called out because the Canadian paratrooper is too small to hide.
I am willing to bet that a significant number of Canadian paratroopers would cheerfully march his ass into the ground, just to put him in his place. There is nothing "passive-aggressive" about my challenge. If I were not on crutches, I would invite him for a long walk TODAY! The only reason I am not offering to march his ass into the ground is recent knee surgery.

signed: Master Corporal R. Warner
Canadian Basic Paratrooper Course 8103
West German Army Bronze Paratrooper Wings