Skyper

UFOs and skydivers

Not to be tooo technical, but (Hot Air) Balloons might be considered I-(dentified)FO's...

And I have flown relative to one about that altitude...

Provided you don't pull too low over top of one or try to fly too relative (over it) while it's climbing, it's no big deal. It's actually kind of cool...
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

hmm, it was `a bunch` like those balloons for children. I guess, if someone goes `through them´ in free fall it might influence the opening. And I wonder if that ever happend?

It looked really nice... so big bunch of balloons passing by :D

Few months ago while climbing on the altitude we spotted a huge bunch of balloons flying at approximatly 2500ft.

Did ever anyone experienced problems during jump with this kind of "UFO´s"?

Passed a Mylar balloon under canopy at about 7 or 8 grand while doing a cross country once. Catches you off guard.

4 or 5 years ago I did a high hop n hop at sunset and had a Mylar balloon hit me square in the chest while I was doing a 180 to locate the guy who exited after me. It scared the bejezzuz out of me in the moment but after I collected my wits I was tickled to death.

Now, every time I open high I think of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too. And every time I see a Winnie or Tigger pic, I think of opening high.
:ph34r:

Owned by Remi #?

I have flown past or fallen past a few kids' balloons near Pitt Meadows.

Some evenings - when we were jumping at - Snohomish - hot-air balloons would take off from the south end of the airport, so I sometimes flew past them under canopy.
For traffic separation, parachutes normally landed at the north end of the airport. If you flew past a balloon below 1,000 feet, you probably would not land in the pea gravel bowl.