BillyVance

A new era in College Football begins

Consider this...

If you had told me before the season started, that Ohio State would go 11-1 in the regular season with their 2nd string QB after their pre-season Heisman contender went down with a shoulder injury in camp, and then their 3rd string QB would take over in the post-season and beat ALL THREE Heisman finalists on the way to the national championship, and their RB, who had a broken thumb in camp, would rush over 200 yards in each of those three post-season games...

I would have laughed and said nobody would believe you. :D:S

Hat's off to the Buckeyes. They looked like a dominant SEC team out there. If not for those 4 turnovers, it could have been as bad as 63-20. :o

Oh and then there's this.... :ph34r:

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A final word... Ohio State has a young team. They should not be going anywhere. I expect the 2015 pre-season rankings to have the Buckeyes and the Crimson Tide at the top.

Yes, Alabama also has a young team. They over-achieved this past season. I'm not sure anybody outside of Alabama expected them to make it to the playoffs. They got there on talent and a leader in QB Blake Sims. They had short-comings on defense, specifically the back end. I do expect the defensive back corps to come together and play better with all the talent they've stockpiled in the last 2 classes, including the upcoming one that will sign on the dotted line next month, their 5th straight #1 ranked recruiting class in the nation. They will be back.

Think about this: Alabama has lost 11 games since 2008. Five of those losses were to teams that ended up playing for the national championship. Alabama played for and won all three of their national title games. I think it's safe to say that, more often than not, you've got to go through Alabama to get to the national championship.

Enjoy the championship, Buckeyes. And please, act like you've been there before. Quit burning shit and rioting. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Got to say the inaugural NCAA College Football Playoff Championships was a resounding success. The 4th seed Ohio State Buckeyes took down the top seeded Crimson Tide from Alabama in a tough but fair semi-final game and then OSU went on to pummel the 2nd seeded Oregon Ducks in the final. No way in past years would a 4th seeded team be allowed to win the National Championship, but thanks to the new playoff system we have a 4th seed team standing on top looking down on everyone else. Now all we need (perhaps not next year but hopefully in the not too distant future) is an 8 team playoff versus just a 4 team playoff format. There are plenty of Bowl games and plenty of time in the schedule. Teams don't need to take a month off from their last regular season games til the time they play their bowl game. Fitting in one extra quarter final playoff round is totally doable.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

BillyVance

A final word... Ohio State has a young team. They should not be going anywhere. I expect the 2015 pre-season rankings to have the Buckeyes and the Crimson Tide at the top.

Yes, Alabama also has a young team. They over-achieved this past season. I'm not sure anybody outside of Alabama expected them to make it to the playoffs. They got there on talent and a leader in QB Blake Sims. They had short-comings on defense, specifically the back end. I do expect the defensive back corps to come together and play better with all the talent they've stockpiled in the last 2 classes, including the upcoming one that will sign on the dotted line next month, their 5th straight #1 ranked recruiting class in the nation. They will be back.

Think about this: Alabama has lost 11 games since 2008. Five of those losses were to teams that ended up playing for the national championship. Alabama played for and won all three of their national title games. I think it's safe to say that, more often than not, you've got to go through Alabama to get to the national championship.

Enjoy the championship, Buckeyes. And please, act like you've been there before. Quit burning shit and rioting. :S

Billy.... sup. B|

Just a matter of fact. As I stated in a previous post before the game.... Oregon and the Pac 10 cannot play against physical defenses. Stop the run and they are done. This game was an ass whoopin! The O/D line just killed Oregon. I felt good going in to the game but now I know how good the Buckeyes really are.

I do not believe in the SEC myth but I do believe 1-3 teams in the conference are that strong just like I believe there are two very strong teams in the B1G. I look forward to many years of unbelievable teams especially the Buckeyes! As for the Pac10.... no team in the conference is really "there". Big12..... you got something big to prove. You better have a championship come 2015. ACC... you are a joke.

In closing... Fuck Michigan, Fuck you Mark May, Lou Holtz... you are cool! Peace and I'm out. OH - IO! :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Rstanley0312

***A final word... Ohio State has a young team. They should not be going anywhere. I expect the 2015 pre-season rankings to have the Buckeyes and the Crimson Tide at the top.

Billy.... sup. B|

Just a matter of fact. As I stated in a previous post before the game.... Oregon and the Pac 10 cannot play against physical defenses. Stop the run and they are done. This game was an ass whoopin! The O/D line just killed Oregon. I felt good going in to the game but now I know how good the Buckeyes really are.

I do not believe in the SEC myth but I do believe 1-3 teams in the conference are that strong just like I believe there are two very strong teams in the B1G. I look forward to many years of unbelievable teams especially the Buckeyes! As for the Pac10.... no team in the conference is really "there". Big12..... you got something big to prove. You better have a championship come 2015. ACC... you are a joke.

In closing... Fuck Michigan, Fuck you Mark May, Lou Holtz... you are cool! Peace and I'm out. OH - IO! :P

You know, part of me wishes that the final four were ranked differently so that OSU and Bama would have had an opportunity to meet in the national title game. That would have been a better match-up than Oregon or Florida State would have given. We know the Buckeyes beat Bama in the closest playoff game. That should have been for all the marbles. ;)

Hi BV,

. . . part of me wishes that the . . .

Well, a lot of me wishes that Oregon would have won.

the Buckeyes beat Bama in the closest playoff game. That should have been for all the marbles.

And I wish that the Broncos had beaten the Colts.

C'est la vie; it is ONLY a game.

Jerry Baumchen

BillyVance

For a good laugh, I give you Jimmy Kimmel's College Football Mean Tweets edition. With captions.

:D:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Gf0hoTIXA

That was pretty awesome. I lughed again watching it for the second time. :D
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com