JerryBaumchen

Class In America: Take the Quiz!

I've read it a few times and taken the quiz twice but I'm confused as to what it's showing.

I predicted an 8 and at the end it said 8 under the "You" column. But then there was this "Americans" column that said 7.3... so does that compare how I see myself with how other people see themselves? Or my number based on the answers with others based on their answers?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Heck, I scored a 10! So how come I live in a shithole apartment and drive a piece of shit car. Seems like with all this upper class privilege I've got, that I should be doing better...

I was happy before, but not now - thanks to this damn poll...

I scored a 10 which surprises me a bit since some of my answers when it comes to income and education were middle of the road answers and I did answer below average for family income when I was 16 because well, while I did not grow up in extreme poverty, I did not grow up in an affluence. What probably helped my score was that I don't have kids and while kids can be great (at times, not always) they are extremely expensive especially in today's world. One place where I thought the survey came up short was where they asked about your employment status. Technically I am currently (knock on wood) employed full-time with a decent middle of the road income between 60k and 90k (I am closer to 90 than 60), however I am only a contract software developer in a business where age discrimination is real. There is a huge difference between a contract worker and someone who has full-time status with their employer. Every year I go through the stress not knowing if my contract will be renewed, not knowing if my 30+ year gig as a developer will finally come to an end. They should have included a "Contract Worker" answer with the other employment answers. However I took the survey twice, once answering that I was a "Full-time Worker" and once answering that I was "Part-Time" and in both cases I still came out as a 10. LOL

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.