tred

any gamers here?

haven't played videogames since my PS3 broke back when Modern warfare 2 was the shit.

Whats considered the best as far FPS for online multiplayer on the PS4? (is Call of Duty still good?, it looks a little over the top now)

Wait for Battelfront and Doom to come out.
I know, this could be a post taken straight from 2003, but I mean it. B|

I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

Doom? They still have that around?

I was playing that shit on my desktop computer 20 years ago!

:D:D:D

I still remember the invincible cheat code - IDKFA :ph34r:

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Real gamers play on PCs ;) PC master race here.

CoD and Battlefield are the go-to FPS multiplayer games on console, but if you want a real FPS - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has no competition.

Play a lot of Counter-Strike, having started during the beta stages in 1999 or 2000.

If you're set on only playing console though, then I guess CoD and Battlefield are your only real FPS options in terms of player base and stuff if you're looking for more competitive environment. Unfortunately both games are more run and gun than a good shooter will be.

Otherwise, if you're looking for less competitive as someone mentioned, Borderlands 2 is quite popular.

PC master race? I'll agree to that, but disagree on the games. I'm perfectly content playing warcraft.

aaaaand maybe a little minecraft on the 360 when I'm really bored and need my brain numbed.:P

If you can't convince them, keep them confused.

BillyVance

IDDQD (god mode), I think you'll find. IDKFA was the way to get all the (improved) guns and ammo, without fully healing you or resetting your score to zero, the way MLI did.

I played that game way too often..
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Baksteen

***Doom? They still have that around?

IDDQD (god mode), I think you'll find. IDKFA was the way to get all the (improved) guns and ammo, without fully healing you or resetting your score to zero, the way MLI did.

I played that game way too often..

I played the shit out of Doom, Doom II and Doom III, oh and before there was Doom, I played Wolfenstein. :D

One or two of those games used to piss me off though, like when you get to the very end of the last level and drop into a pit full of monsters mauling you, there seems to be no fucking way to win or kill them all before you're killed. God mode or any of the cheat codes didn't help at all.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You missed out on Spear of Destiny? B|

I remember getting really frustrated with Wolfenstein in the higher levels, with the stupid mutants. They were soundless and numerous which took all the fun out of it.

In Spear there were all these stupid Ghosts in the higher levels, also soundless and numerous - with the added spice of being actually unkillable. Sure, they required only a stab with a knife to kill, but they would respawn after a few minutes.

After Doom II I moved on to other things. I didn't like the monsters (especially the cloaked demons and the fireball-shooting one eyed floaty ball thingies) and I didn't like the guns.

So now I'm into the Elder Scrolls.

More generally speaking, I hope this fad of having to sign in to some asinine community (ie. Uplay and Steam) online before being able to play the game you actually went and bought quickly goes the way of the dodo. Especially since there are all these nice hacks floating around with which you have a true standalone game. :)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Hey, Steam is nice with all those indie games available and the regular sales!

Dont get me started on Uplay though, I hate this stuff with a passion >:(...

FPS don't entertain me much these days, don't knwo why as I really enjoyed them a few years ago. Maybe burned out with the genre. My son (13) is having great fun with Arma III and the shitload of mods available.

My favorite games right now are Kerbal Space Program, heavily modded for realism, and Elite:Dangerous. I might let myself be tempted by DCS A-10 or Mig 21 simulator soon...

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

BillyVance

I preferred winning WITHOUT using the cheat codes.....it was a thing.:D:D

I did cheat on Wizardy.... I wrote a program in Apple Pascal to decompile the code.... while in college back in the early 80's... the "kids" who were really into it...freaked out. "old people" like me were not supposed to be able to do shit like that.