dzdummie

What should I use to connect my main to my risers?

Wide (old-normal) risers are a little better at keeping the tab contained. I would really have to try to get the tab unseated.

another plus for old-normal risers.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

What I do to make sure my Slinks (or copies) stay put in place inside the webbing of my risers is give them several solid yanks after installation to give them a "set." If you don't do so, then they will take whatever set they are at upon your first deployment with them. If they cocked out to the side, then guess what....they are going to stay in that cockeyed position unless you tack them in place. FWIW, my shit does not ever move on me.

Chuck

> Use the slinks. Let a rigger install them!

As an aside, if you're going to get a rigger to install them, he can make them as well. Beezy has a method of making them that requires nothing more than 1000 pound spectra; they also don't have any metal rings to ding sliders. I have a set on my Nitro and they work well.

I've experience with PD's and Precision's soft links. I personally prefer the Precision links because of the brass rings. The ring seems to be a bit more secure than PD's tab and it's a heck of a lot easier to tack down.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

I have soft links on one rig, metal on the other. I've used both PD Slinks and Precision soft links, they have their differences but both are good. So are metal links using bumpers especially if you don't want to pull the stowed slider down. Actually I'm thinking of using Super Bandz as links with my Sabre to lessen the opening shock but I can't find them. I'd have to replace them after every jump any way and I can't afford the reserve repacks either so I probably won't go that route.:P
Sometimes you eat the bear..............