BillyVance

Hail Storm!

Yesterday I went through two separate supercells producing hail. It was an exciting day nonetheless. The first one hit about 4 pm getting quarter size hail at work, but 5 miles south of us, two inch hail was coming down! :o That supercell then dropped a tornado on the ground 6 or 7 miles east of my work.

Back home, I saw another supercell approaching on radar, so I went outside to move both vehicles around back and stash them in the basement. Ten minutes later the storm hit, starting with pea size hail which then grew to golf ball hail within seconds. Wild...

Overall I think there were 140+ reports of hail. Nearly every storm that sprouted in Alabama yesterday dropped hail from pea size up to baseball size, and a couple of tornadoes touched down. It was nuts.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Had neon tubes taped all over the hood of the truck one day. Hailstorm came outta nowhere. Fl. weather. Whould'a guessed. Very expensive day to say the least.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Had neon tubes taped all over the hood of the truck one day. Hailstorm came outta nowhere. Fl. weather. Whould'a guessed. Very expensive day to say the least.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

theonlyski

***Was the hail loud?
:P:D

Hail yeah it was.

He just didn't hear it.

Actually, I did. Leaving work and turning the corner the pea size gravel turned into marble size and quarter size. I was surprised how loud they were pinging off the roof of my Odyssey. When I got home, I counted 5 barely discernible dings on the roof, and a tiny crack/chip on the windshield. But damn, believe me, I heard AND felt them, and I have a 120+ dB loss.

At home, I heard nothing. Not even the constant din of them bouncing off the roof. My girls did though of course.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Iago

***Yesterday I went through two separate supercells producing hail. It was an exciting day nonetheless. The first one hit about 4 pm getting quarter size hail at work, but 5 miles south of us, two inch hail was coming down! :o That supercell then dropped a tornado on the ground 6 or 7 miles east of my work.

Back home, I saw another supercell approaching on radar, so I went outside to move both vehicles around back and stash them in the basement. Ten minutes later the storm hit, starting with pea size hail which then grew to golf ball hail within seconds. Wild...

Overall I think there were 140+ reports of hail. Nearly every storm that sprouted in Alabama yesterday dropped hail from pea size up to baseball size, and a couple of tornadoes touched down. It was nuts.

Cool. Fresh ice for my bourbon. :)
Funny, that.

We had a hail storm today. I was in the process of pickling some onions and jalapeños (separately) when the the storm hit, and I texted Mr.owc6 about the hail, and he asked what size it was.

I texted back that it was cocktail onion size.

True story.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I did find out that a friend of mine who lives about a mile and a half north of me, who lives in a nice house on the river with her family, and her elderly parents in a basement apartment below. They altogether have four cars, all parked outside, because her dad wouldn't move the boat out of the garage.

$7600 estimate on just one car so far. They're waiting for the other car estimates. Apparently they had golf ball to baseball size hail. :S

Man I am so glad I stashed both of my vehicles in the basement. I do need to clean out my fucking garage. It's jam packed with shit. :S:D