3 3
BillyVance

BillyVance's "You Can't Make This Up" News Stories Thread

Mmmm...chocolate!:)

"Like Willie Wonka and Slugworth joining forces to save the day, four Japanese companies teamed up to transform the noxious stench of sewage-waste processing trucks into the sweet-smelling scent of cocoa. How did they do it? The science is based on a deodorizing product created in 2011 called “Deo Magic” that had until now been used primarily in baby diapers and pet odor-eliminating products. By infusing the lubricating oil used in Japanese sanitation trucks’ vacuum equipment with a specially crafted Deo Magic scent, the aroma released during the unsavory process of sucking out sewage lines now releases a chocolate fragrance."

https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/japans-streets-will-soon-smell-like-chocolate-for-a-very-gross-reason

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

TerraDactyl

***Oh yes, just the other day I was thinking: "I need a frig that can browse the Internet" :S

Yeah, just what is the practical utility of that?

Who knows, mostly recipes online. Or maybe online grocery ordering. There are now grocery delivery services showing up here and there.

Or you get on netflix and watch something while eating at the counter.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Okay, maybe it isn't wildly weird, but... you make a habit of high profile traveling with luxurious jewelry and shit, you become a target. Like Kim Kardashian.

Who the hell carries $10 million in jewelry? Proof that being rich doesn't mean you have brains. :S

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/kim-kardashian-leaves-paris-on-private-jet-after-120556877.html

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yes, if you are daffy enough to spend $5M on a piece of jewelry, then get a replica made, put the real one in a vault, and wear the replica in public. Absolutely no one will know the difference.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Yes, if you are daffy enough to spend $5M on a piece of jewelry, then get a replica made, put the real one in a vault, and wear the replica in public. Absolutely no one will know the difference.

Fake ass jewelry on their fake ass bodies?

Perfect.

:D

Speaking of Kim K... This showed up just now... :D

oldwomanc6

***Looks like someone thought "WKRP" was a how-to instructional show: http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2016/10/05/terrified-turkeys-to-fall-from-sky-again:D

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" One of the best lines from my childhood.

If you follow the links in the article, it contradicts the article.
Note the coloration of the turkey in mid-air with the plane.
The followed link confirms these are wild turkeys that are being dropped, so they can fly.

ryoder

******Looks like someone thought "WKRP" was a how-to instructional show: http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2016/10/05/terrified-turkeys-to-fall-from-sky-again:D

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" One of the best lines from my childhood.

If you follow the links in the article, it contradicts the article.
Not the coloration of the turkey in mid-air with the plane.
The followed link confirms these are wild turkeys that are being dropped, so they can fly.

So Aurther was correct! :o:P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

headoverheels

So Aurther was correct! :o:P

They aren't the greatest of flyer, but they fly well enough to make it up to my roof. I've counted as many as 22 turkeys tromping on my roof.

Free food! Just shoot one of them!;)

ryoder

And garbage trucks make pretty poor escape vehicles too.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo