freeflysurf

Relativeworkshop web site?

I also have had this problem for several months, I've told Bill Booth about it but as yet there is nothing, done that has rectified it.
I tried from 4 different ISPs here in OZ and all of them fail.[:/]

So coming from the Land of the Long White Cloud, you probably have the same problem as most of OZ.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The link works for me, unless I'm getting a cached version.

The first line on the page (for me) is:

05.20.2004 - Dear Customer

Due to a high volume of Vector 3 orders, The Relative Workshop is currently ....

--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

that's why I wrote MOST OZ,
Matt what's your ISP and can yoi run a CERTRACE for me to find out where it'ss routing too.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That's the IP, if you're having problems resolving the DNS.

Nah I looking to find out why Matt (Masher) can get through and it seems the rest of the South Pacific and East Indian Oceans cannot.:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm at uni.

So what ever Curtin is doing.....

I did a tracert on www.relativeworkshop.com, but it timed out after a couple of hops, but it also timed out on a few other sites that work, so I don't know.

Any computer geeks care to explain?
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Any computer geeks care to explain?

The IP address of the website (66.192.101.2) is controlled by Time Warner Telecom. They control a huge block of addresses (around 256,000) beginning with 66.192.x.x.

It looks like they have sub-let a much smaller block of addresses (256) to spiderhost.com, who appear to host the RelativeWorkshop website. The IP address of the spiderhost website is 66.192.101.3.

An IP address block of this small size (known as a "/24", used to be known as a "Class C") is too small for some ISPs to route independently. Some ISPs will filter out blocks of IP addresses this small.

I'd bet this is what is why some people have no problems, while some cannot get to it.

Bill could contact his hosting company to push them for a solution. They need to announce a larger block to the world at large.

Dave in Dublin

would you think it likely that almost ALL of Oz and NZ would be blocked in this manner?

It is dependant on the ISPs within those countries, rather than the countries themselves. You could try asking your provider...

Dave