GQ_jumper

micro lines and mini risers for heavy jumpers

Is there anyone who weighs over 200 OTD that has micro lines and mini risers on their rig?

Yes. I am 250 out the door and have a Javelin Odyssey with mini risers and a Sabre2 190 with micro lines.

And if so has this cause you any problems?

No problems at all. Mini risers are reinforced these days to give them added strength.
Arrive Safely

John

I am 250lbs, out the door. I jump a Mirage & Jav Od. both with mini rings and risers & soft links. One with Xaos 120 and the other a Xaos 104.
never had any problems with either. But I do inspect my equipment regularly. and have recently replaced the risers on the mirage, even though the old ones still looked good.
Still here after all these years

Clayton

Mini rings are primarily a fashion statement.
Reinforced mini risers were introduced in the early 1990s and are strong enough for large jumpers.
If you have not worn out your 12 year old, non-reinforced risers - a long time ago - you are in the wrong business.

I am 220 OtD with a Hornet 190 on micro lines on mini risers (using french links). I only have something like 70 jumps on it and the only problem I have noticed is my lines (especially my brake lines) are really interested in the velcro on my suit wrists when I chain up the lines after landing. :(

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

240 out the door... Javelin 4, Sabre 190, mini-risers, mini-rings, micro-lines,....no problems. I checked it all out just like you are. All riggers I talked to and even the rig manufacturer said ....no problem. Hope this helps!

hey guys thanks for the input, i tried to ask the manufacturer about this but got no response, and the company ordering it all for me said no problem!! I've got a mirage g3 with a pilot main on the way, with microlines minirisers and mini rings. i way 230-240 OTD and just wanted to make sure my first jump on the rig wouldn't be my last!!

Blue Skies!!
Dan
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower