owellynot

NEW SKY CHICK

Greetings to all! I'm a newbie--did my first jump Sept 11. I have 7 so far and cannot wait to get off student status and start getting my numbers up. My home DZ is FreeFall Express in Mt Vernon MO. I've gotten to meet many of the jumpers from SkyRancy in Siloam Springs AR as well. I LOVE THIS SPORT!! i'm totally hooked and annoying the bejesus out of anyone who stands still long enough to let me talk about it. Just wanted to say 'hello'.

I'm going to make a great third wife for my first husband....

Has anyone asked you yet if you breathe through you skin in freefall?

As wide open as my mouth was during free fall nobody would ask that. I was sucking down so much air I'm wondering how many bugs that sucked down too!! :D:S

Do people really ask about breathing through your skin?

Greetings to all! I'm a newbie--did my first jump Sept 11.

Hello!

My home DZ is FreeFall Express in Mt Vernon MO.

I'm just down the road a bit, in Tulsa. I jump a little west of Tulsa at Cushing. I know some of the "regulars"
there go up to Mt. Vernon on occasion as it's only a few hours away up Route 66.

i'm totally hooked and annoying the bejesus out of anyone who stands still long enough to let me talk
about it.

I know that I disagree with a greenie at my peril ( :) ), but even though this is an important step, I don't
know if this alone makes you a real skydiver. The real question is: Have you bought beer yet? (Assuming
you're of age and don't abstain, of course.)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Do people really ask about breathing through your skin?

I've told several people I was jumping and one person has come close, so far. It was at a party after work
and he asked, "Can you breathe up there?" He may have just meant "at that altitude" - thinking of
pressurized cabins or similar - but the way he put it made me think he was asking about free fall. It may
help that a lot of the people I've told have been technical types - engineering, computer geeks, etc.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

I know that I disagree with a greenie at my peril ( :) ), but even though this is an important step, I don't
know if this alone makes you a real skydiver. The real question is: Have you bought beer yet? (Assuming
you're of age and don't abstain, of course.)

Eule

i have bought beer!! :)

I'm going to make a great third wife for my first husband....

My home DZ is FreeFall Express in Mt Vernon MO. I've gotten to meet many of the jumpers from SkyRancy in Siloam Springs AR as well. 'hello'.

Welcome to the sport! I did my initial few jumps (S/L) at Siloam Springs, AR a few years back. That was a real nice DZ with some good people. Did you meet Wolf yet?

Welcome to the sport! I just jumped with a bunch of folks Mt. Vernon the other weekend up in Iowa, good times had by all. It's a great group of folks down there so do what they say and you should be OK. Hopefully they'll get you all trained and psyched up in time for the Couch Freaks boogie next Labor Day. B|