ClaudeTee

S/L or AFF for beginners?

Hi good people. Ok, I went ahead and did it: I did a tandem jump, and fell in love with EVERYTHING about skydiving. My plan is to do another tandem, and then learn to do it on my own. Here's my question: do people think it's better to learn S/L or AFF? From this COMPLETELY uneducated viewpoint, it seems like the difference between S/L and AFF is like the difference between learning to drive using an automatic transmission versus starting out with a manual. But I could use your input. Thanks!

Both progressions have the pluses and minuses. You should call your DZ and talk to the S&TA about it, he/she could explain the specific differences at that DZ to you quite well.

S/L jumps tend to be cheaper but it takes longer to get the ISP jumps done (more jumps ususally), the AFF is more expensive, but you tend to accomplish your in air goals quicker.

Which ever you choose, get in the air and welcome to Skydiving!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Welcome! :)
I think for me, I wouldn't feel like I was skydiving if I wasn't freefalling.

JMHO. Good luck with whatever you choose! ;)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Not to diss S/L but I say AFF all the way. the freefall is the best part of the jump so you might as well get right to it.;)

that's your opinion... ;)

Your local DZ will be able to help you make the choice between SL and AFF - they both get you to the same point and as AggieDave pointed out, they both have pluses and minuses...

Whatever you choose to do, have fun and welcome! B|

AFF all the way. if you want to do static line join the Army(lol). I love the feeling of freefall and you get to see how your body flys on your first jump. Rather than just jumping out and getting a line stretch worth of freefall;)