nael

Just wanted to say......

Hi!
I'm new around here, and about as new to skydiving as you can be. I've only jumped once, tandem. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I am extremely keen to jump again, but my first jump was 2 weeks ago while I was on holidays, and I spent all my money. I'm on the tightest budget I've ever been on in my life right now so that I can jump again. I plan on doing one more tandem jump from a higher altitude (my first was only 8000 feet) and then I want to do the AFF course, once I get the money!
I've read a lot on skydiving since my jump and reading these forums is making me so jealous. All I want to do is jump! Pity it's not free!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

Thanks for the welcome. Forgot to introduce myself after all that! My names Nicole, I'm 23 so I figure I have years ahead of me to perfect the art of jumping out of a plane! Now, back to earning money.......

It only takes one jump to get hooked. Welcome to the forum and the sport. If money is tight you might check to see if they offer a static line progression course. The cost is a lot cheaper, but you start off with lower jumps and work your way up to freefall and higher altitudes.

*****Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good airplane? Because it isn't much fun if it's broke.****

Thanks everyone, with each day my frustration at not being able to jump, and my enthusiasm to jump is growing! I'm passing the days til my next jump by reading up on the sport.

Mel, I just read your profile and saw you're a vet tech. I'm a vet nurse in australia.

very cool! i wish they would call us nurses here!! 'technician' to me makes my job sound like less than it is. we are, by most literal definitions of the word, nurses!!! ie: we do all the work and the doctor signs the charts lmao. kidding, kidding. no but thats cool. i dont meet too many people on my level in the field. anyways, it doesnt get easier lol. the enthusiasm and frustration just keeps growing. its been 5 months for me and i feel like im gonna explode:D. use your time wisely and read read read! thats what ive been doing, too. and ive downloaded tons of videos to watch when the cravings get to be too much to handle hehe. have fun!

mel
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

its been 5 months for me and i feel like im gonna explode

Ah geez, if I have to go 5 months before my next jump I'll go mad! It's only been 2 weeks (and 1 day!)since my jump, and it'll be at least another 6 weeks before I can afford another jump.

I'm pretty much in the same boat you are! I've done one tandem as well. I've got the money together for aff but I don't have a free day off until the semester is over for school in May. It feels like it has been a lifetime since my jump! I jumped back in Sept and I tell ya...I'm about to go insane! Hopefully you'll get to jump sooner than I will!

Welcome to the forums!
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Can't you do it on weekends or something? If I had the money I'd be cancelling things to fit in the time!
Today brought happier times, a friend of mine passed a job she has onto me, so for $20/hr I take some guys dog to the local dog beach twice per week. So, and extra $40 a week is making skydiving that little step closer. Plus, I decided not to do another tandem jump since money is so tight and I want to do the AFF course anyway, so as soon as I have the money for stage 1, I'm there!

Can't you do it on weekends or something? If I had the money I'd be cancelling things to fit in the time!
Today brought happier times, a friend of mine passed a job she has onto me, so for $20/hr I take some guys dog to the local dog beach twice per week. So, and extra $40 a week is making skydiving that little step closer. Plus, I decided not to do another tandem jump since money is so tight and I want to do the AFF course anyway, so as soon as I have the money for stage 1, I'm there!

I have to work on the weekends because I have to go to class 2 days during the week and I work the other 5 days. I would just take the weekends off but I just got a new car that is eating up every bit of my money.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I'm from Frenchs Forest (but I guess you know that since I emailed you anyway!).
I sold 47 cds today, only got $225 for them, but that takes me a little bit closer to my next jump!

:)
Congrats on your 1st tandem. Did mine at age 50 (birthday treat). Finished AFF last summer...now into coaching jumps.

Getting out the door is the hardest part...the money will find a way to take care of itself.

Welcome to the sport!

Beautiful Landings!

Streaker
Have a yippee ki ya day!

The cds were lotsa old hardcore punk cds that I haven't listened to in about a year and a half so nah, I didn't get copies, but it's all good cause I have heaps of other cds to listen to. Actually, when I look at my cd rack I can hardly tell that any cds are missing!

I already sold those cds and my mum has begun offering me money not to jump. Of course, I've refused, but I start AFF in 2 weeks, and today she told me that means she has "2 weeks to increase the money offer and see just how much I will turn down". I've told her its not going to work, but hey, she can try!

You need to tell her that the money would be better spent helping you keep your learning curve up which would help your comprehension and retention of training hence enabling you to be a "SAFER" skydiver. Or something like that:);).

When I first started jumping I thought my mother would be overly concerned. But she came down to the DZ one day and was so relaxed I had to question her,
She said "Oh no, its better than you running around getting in trouble ect... And I can see that the training is thorough and the instructors are sooo nice.". I was flabbergasted to say the least:o.

Its obvious your mother loves you, perhaps in the future she'll come to terms and perhaps even support your decision if not tolerate it.

Remember to keep your eyes/ears open, brain fully engaged and your mouth asking questions;), good luck with your AFF.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Its obvious your mother loves you, perhaps in the future she'll come to terms and perhaps even support your decision if not tolerate it.

good luck with your AFF.

She tolerates it now which is good. She's not being as annoying as I know she can be when she really doesnt want me doing something, so I think she's secretly impressed with my new found fun!

I cant wait to start, I'm counting down the days. I cant wait for the day when I am done with AFF and can jump and do everything as second nature and just enjoy the jump for what it is!