MrJones

Am I just an addict............

Wondering if there is such a thing as too fast in the beginning. My first jump was two weeks ago I was hooked. Went back last week for 2 and 3 and will attempt level 4 and 5 on Sunday. All week I think about jumping and probably spend way too much time surfin the forum and every site imaginable under "Sky Diving" If the bosses only knew!!!!!!!!

Question to all: Is there such a thing as too fast around the DZ's. Am I heading for a come down?

NUR ZUM SPASS

I did my first jump in September, followed by 2 more tandems. I'm waiting for AFF (darn New england winters)...

and I still think about skydiving every single waking moment. My husband and friends are convinced I'm nuts - so I come here, where I know I'll be accepted. :P

Like someone else said - skydiving is like a drug, thankfully a legal one.

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

Did my first (and 2nd) jump about 2 months ago. Weather has been bad here though in the last few weeks (and DZ is closed not until 12th Jan) that i haven't been able to do anymore. (in england by the way hence the crap weateher!). Every time i see a little caravan fly over and hear the engines, wherever i am, i feel like i'm back at the dz. Only 2 jumps, not even on freefall yet and its turned me into a skydive craving lunatic. Just over a week to gothough and the dz is open. mmmmmmmmmmm B|

Hope you guys in the states have good weather.
Oh, ive found something to do in my time waiting for jumps, ive bought a traction kite. Feels just like your under canopy!! hehehe

Take care peeps

Mikey

Mikey
------------------------------------------
Fear Is Weakness Leaving Your Body

Wondering if there is such a thing as too fast in the beginning. My first jump was two weeks ago I was hooked. Went back last week for 2 and 3 and will attempt level 4 and 5 on Sunday. All week I think about jumping and probably spend way too much time surfin the forum and every site imaginable under "Sky Diving" If the bosses only knew!!!!!!!!

Question to all: Is there such a thing as too fast around the DZ's. Am I heading for a come down?

YOu have the EXACT same story as the guy i did my AFF theory with, he is going for 4 and 5 tommorow and i havent even done level 2 yet! Not by my own choice though im dying to get back up, earth is TOTALLY overrated ;)

Not really; go at the speed you're most comfortable with. It's always best to keep progressing steadily and that produces the best learning curve. Currency in the sport is always our "friend" whether a student or an experienced jumper. Welcome to the world of skydiving and welcome to the boards here.....

Hey, Mike.
I am currently at SkyDive DeLand in Florida. This is what happens when you give in to the inevitable sky diving bug. One of its side-effects is that you will never be the same again, ha! Welcome to the world of skydiving and the Forums. You will learn lots here and at least you are getting paid for the privilege if you are surfing at work (naughty, naughty). BTW: My local DZ back home is also Netheravon, where I too completed my AFF last summer. I've probably bumped into you without knowing it. Doing 30 jumps a week here in the sun can be awfully distracting, hehe.
;)
Blue Skies.
Dave.
My favourite saying is under construction...

Yep, skydiving is more addictive than crack and more expensive than golf.

Six months ago I was a mild mannered businessman and now I’m a skydiving junkie. I play hooky from work to go skydiving, my personal relationships have changed, my bank account is being drained, I keep thinking about quitting my job and robing banks to support my surfing and skydiving (or did I see that in a movie?)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Welcome! i like your picture. my little sister has a pug, and every time i come over the thing goes berzerk, running around the house in figure 8's. its funny as hell.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)