yourzero

Made my first jump Saturday

Welcome!!! You will get lots of encouragement and info here. It's an awesome feeling isn't it, that first skydive?

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Right on! Glad to hear you made a jump, welcome to our little home DZ on the web.

You've got to come out to Skydive Aggieland sometime and hang with us too! Not trying to tell you to leave Cindy's place, just saying its fun to travel to DZs and meet jumpers (and we're not too far away, skydive aggieland).B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm not sure yet. I may do a S/L or two before going to AFF to get comfortable with canopy control before putting it all together.

Does this sound good, or would S/L be a waste of time?

Hiya

That is the route I have gone, I spoke to my instructor and he said it's not a bad way to go.......once you get to AFF, all you need to worry about is the freefall

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter

No jump is a waste of time

S/L vs AFF is oneof the great Debates. Personally I went/am goign for S/L then FF. I got stuck of Dummy Pulls - did 28 of them. But this was a lot chepear than getting stuck on a certain AFF level
----------
Ben G
Still Sinking :-(

Welcome!

I did AFF, and I loved it, but I understand that static line is a lot less expensive, and you do get more time under canopy in S/L training.

Blue Skies
Steve
Ok, so it's pink, but I'm secure in my manhood, and I still look cool coming in under it!

I'm not sure yet. I may do a S/L or two before going to AFF to get comfortable with canopy control before putting it all together.

Hi. I had two S/Ls before starting AFF.

I began thinking about this and want to modify what i said previously. I was advising against static lines because on the second I had flipped while on the static line because I had my waist too far in. Thats what they were calling a "rough ride". They were not kidding!

In the plane, an instructor was talking about what happens in AFF if youre not arching right, either you can start rolling, not that serious, or in the worst case you can go flipping around wildly, arms and legs all over the place. I thought that was kind of funny the way he described that, but if it happened to me I dont think Id be laughing so hard.

After the "rough ride", I can tell you that after that I was arching so hard during a tandem-2 the instructor was complaining. Either way you decide to go, just remember to exit into the wind and arch, with your waist forward. The waist forward part is the one that makes or breaks you, they tell me that a lot of men flip for that reason.

Please take into account that the views expressed are based off of personal opinion. What works for one person may not work for another, but they are all still valid programs. Also, please check the profiles of the people giving advice because sometimes they are not really qualified to give it. When it doubt, the best thing to do is to ask your instructor.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I can't go ten minutes without thinking about skydiving either. Some would say this is obsessive, but thats only cause all I think about is skydiving. Listen to Skymama and ask your instructor. About everything.

Blu Skies and welcome to the monkey house!!
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Another thing I have seen make a big difference between S/L and AFF is the DZ and the Instructors. I'm not saying the instructors are bad, but some are better than others. ;) Not to mention some DZ's are just not student friendly. Small landing areas and unpredictable winds being some of the problems. Have fun and be safe!

-Kenny

Another thing I have seen make a big difference between S/L and AFF is the DZ and the Instructors. I'm not saying the instructors are bad, but some are better than others. ;) Not to mention some DZ's are just not student friendly. Small landing areas and unpredictable winds being some of the problems. Have fun and be safe!

I started out in one of "those". Funny thing, an instructor at Eloy was criticizing them today saying they treat their students like shit. Theyre not kidding.

Hi and welcome

Once again the choice is yours but I can still tell you about my training I started in s/l every thing was going fine but living up in the north the dz is only open 6 months a year. I did 8 s/l but failed on my 3rd PRCP and that means you have to start them over again(you need three in a row) well that was at the end of the season when I came back the next year. The dz stopped teaching s/l so I had to cross over to aff. They gave me a break on the price so all was not lost. I passed in 8 jumps and have been jumping since.

All I can say to you is do what you want to do. Not what the forum says to do. We only can give advice

So good luck to you and please keep us informed

Thanks
Eric W Blair
-------------------------------------------------- If your not jumping your not living
LEARN TO LIVE (L2L)

Welcome to the sport. Can't stop thinking about it, eh? Don't worry, that will get worse. You know about those studies they do, suggesting how many times an hour the average adult thinks about sex? Well for skydivers, tests have reflected a thought pattern that goes as follows:

Jump jump jump jump jump sex jump jump jump jump that chick has a nice jump jump jump jump are those real or jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump.......

Welcome to the sport. Can't stop thinking about it, eh? Don't worry, that will get worse. You know about those studies they do, suggesting how many times an hour the average adult thinks about sex? Well for skydivers, tests have reflected a thought pattern that goes as follows:

Jump jump jump jump jump sex jump jump jump jump that chick has a nice jump jump jump jump are those real or jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump.......

You had me on the floor laughing with this one...thats halarious