JMMarich

New Student

Hello all.

I started Skydiving a little over a month ago. I am in the Marine Reserve and tried everything in the book to get the military to send me to Jumpschool but unfortunatly the budget makes the decisions :).

I read alot about skydiving and found a DZ near me. My wife suprised me and got me my first AFF jump for Christmas. I waited about 2 months before I cashed it in.

I now have 3 jumps and I am about to jump for level 4 in the next few weeks.

Just wanted to drop in and say hey. There is an amazing amount of information on this site.

Josh

Welcome to the forums and skydiving. That's way cool that you're wife got you the first AFF jump. Nice to know you'll have support from your wife. Think she'll ever try it?
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Yeah, my wife is great. She supports everything I do. She also got me my 2nd jump for our 3 year anniv :). Couldn't ask for much better!

She wants to come and maybe do a tandem but I asked her to hold off until I get through the basic AFF course. I have enough to stress about without thinking of her being there :).

Josh

Welcome to the forums! Maybe next Christmas you'll be getting her into the air! B|

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

That's an easy problem to solve.

Get your wife involved in the sport too. If she doesn't care to jump, fine ... get her involved in the dz lifestyle. She'll make her own friends, find her niche, and perhaps come to love the sport as much as you do.

Blue skies and enjoy your time in them!

--rita

Josh,

Welcome to DZ.com! There are quite a few current and former Marines here. Congrats on the christmas present. Personally, I'm hoping my wife will surprise me with a new Sabre 2 170 this year. Good luck on your ISP/AFF training.

Semper Fly!!!