skyfaller13

Newbie with a question...

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to skydiving, I just got my A a few days ago. The instructors say they think its time to down size my canopy, I'm useing a student rig which is a 288. I ve been told the next step is to get me on a 260, wich I hope to do in the next few weekends. My exit weight is about 200 - 205 lbs so i would like to get down to mabey a 210. Possibly even buy one about that size as my first rig. I've been told by some that I need to look for a nine cell where as others have recommended a 7 cell. I was wondering what the advantages and disadvantages of each would be? I would like any input and recommendations yall may have.

Dan

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your A.

Check out the gear and rigging forum. You may get more of a response if you post your question about 7 cell vs. 9 cell, etc. in that forum.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Welcome,

blah blah...should do gear and rigging.

Also ask around your DZ, you list San Diego as your home DZ but your location as just south of Houston... both have really big DZ's near them, ask around and maybe if it is available you could demo both and see which you feel better under.

It really is one of those, can't ask too many questions situtations.

be safe.

Bill

have fun, love life, be nice to the humans

Thanks for the input everybody. I realize that i list home in Houston Tx but i list Skydive San Diego as my home dropzone. the reason for that is im in the Navy and im stationed in SD but Texas is my home. I've made a couple jumps at Skydive Spaceland, but I've done the majority of my jumps in San Diego. Anyway next time I'm out there ill ask around and see if I can start the down sizing process.

Dan