sistaluv

1st year...cut away after 2 months

Wasup .... Well i guess i can start out by filling you in about me and skydiving. Have you ever took time to notice how kids are at the candy store.....thats how one of my friends describe me! I just started skydiving at the beginig of the year at the Canadian Skydive Center in Didsbury Ab. I free falled in 5 jumps, was at the roof in 10 jumps, and got my solo cert. in 16 jumps. I ended this season with 19 jumps and a trailer on the dz..:SI cut away from most of my old friends, a 5 bedroom house i ran and my day job for the summer!Yup i know......:SThis winter im with my family in ottawa saving for my own gear.....so i can skydive more at my dz and others .... anxious to chat with other skydivers
Blue Skies and Terminal Memories for Life;)sistaluv

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

Welcome to the forums! It sure sounds like you are enjoying yourself! What did you mean when you wrote: was at the roof in 10 jumps,? I haven't heard of that phrase, I'm just wondering if that's a Canadian thing or something.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hey SistaLuv!!! Being that you're my partner in crime (especially for this upcoming year), thought I'd better just remind you that: YOU ROCK!!! I am SO looking forward to catching up to you this Spring after I do the PFF. Lost Prairie & California are going to be a blast & a half and I can't wait. Magpie is stoked about Perris Valley too!!!

For those reading this, I'm a newbie too and jump at the same dropzone as SistaLuv. We're going hard core this coming year and I can't WAIT!!!

Blue Skies, Rainbow Days, & Terminal Memories, Girlfriend!!!!
"Fear will make you hesitate. Hesitation will make your fear come true." - Unknown

Hey sistaluv!! I just started jumping in august of 2002 and I now have a total of 15 jumps...I live in Nova Scotia, and am hooked!! Just opened a bank account specifically to save up for gear and jumps...haha...got jumps for Xmas, asking for jumps for my bday..what can I say, it's addictive! Anyways, just thought i'd say hi from one canadian skydiver to another :) I'll keep working towards my CoP in the spring..and since I'm only 16 and still live at home, I have been trying to convince my parents that a trailer at the dz would be a great idea since we live about 2 hours away...

Wouldn't you just love to be in florida right about now?? :)

Hey Vicky, glad to see you made it to the forums. And Dawn too. Just remember guys, only 3 more months till the DZ opens again, and CSC will be flying then too:)Aaron, I'm from NS too. I've only done one jump there though, and that was in Stewiake a couple of years ago. You're lucky to be able to jump in such a beautiful area

I got nuthin

Hey roger...i jump in waterville, not sure if i'll visit stewiacke...anyone jumping at all over there? Some of the crazy ones who can tolerate the cold have been jumping here on the occasional weekend...haha...maybe i'll cya around sometime if you ever venture back here :)

On that Perris Valley note I am wondering if at the drope zone when you are at full altitude if you can see the Hollywood sign? Another question about that drop zone is how is the new years there? Does any famous people skydive there if ever? Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks and Blue Skies

Ya I guess there will be many famous skydivers there seeing that it is a popular place to go from what I hear....I hope one day ill be able to skydive with them as well. That is going to rock! I want to jump with everyone one day ;)

Ssitaluv,
you could see the Hollywood sign from "the roof" over Perris if SoCal wasn't so smoggy.
A hitn to all the new jumpers: learn how to pack. Packing is the best-paying job on the DZ. Packing will easily pay for your trailer and all the cheesy mac you can stand.

how far are we from hollywood...dz. This place was my childood dream now im going to live it up with a different view ;) Do you know if we can pitch a tent there for a week(perris valley) I'm going new years 2004 with friends. Wind tunnel should be up and running too :P

G'day Sistaluv, welcome to your new life! I have a suggestion for you..once you've bought your own rig, save up for a plane ticket to Oz and move down here to live. We jump all year round down here. I can't believe you guys have to take 3 months off every year...actually it probably explains some of the threads you read on this site;)

Milney

If at first you don't succeed..don't try skydiving

Year Round.......makes me sick....paradise..The anticipation of waiting is also a mess of its own! If I need it that bad like I probably will in the future i'll just have to travel more in the winter months. Austrailia is somewhere ill be going one day that is for sure ;) This year I have a little back problem but should be able to jump anytime. :D