dresherr

Sorry but I'm new

Hi, I'm Richy D. a newcomer from SoCal. I have not jumped yet but look forward to it. I just want to take this opportunity to apologize to some of the people I may have offended on this site. Like I said: I am a newbie so for that I apologize for saying some stuff that may not fall in the right place. I hope everyone out there flies safe and does not become a statistic.:)

Richy,

Welcome to Dropzone.com! I hope you get to make your dream come true and join our skydiving family when you reach an age where you can legally start jumping. In the meantime, spend some time on this site reading and doing your own research. There are loads of articles and informative pages to read, not only in the forums. If you have a question, search the forums first to make sure it hasn't been asked and answered already, then pick one forum and ask your question there. Don't post to multiple forums if you don't have to.

You'll find most people around here are more than willing to share their knowledge and experience. You're new, so listen twice and speak once. Don't be afraid to ask if you have a question though.

Enjoy the site. :)

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Welcome Rich

I did see some of the stuff which was said in the other threads and one thing you/we must realize is that the people here on DZ.COM are a very diverse group of individuals and we all think differently. And often the only thing we have in common is our passion for the great sport of skydiving.

Now despite the fact that I have jumped 91 times (since July 14th, 2002), I would only be considered a toddler in this sport when you compare myself to some of the people who have jumped thousands of times. And in the time that I have been jumping I have been humbled numerous times with what is said around here. Now that doesn't mean that us newbies to the sport aren't allowed to have opinions, in fact I think newbie opinions are good as we are approaching the sport from a different vantage point. But when all is said and done, we don't have the exposure that others have and we should listen to them to extract whatever experience they have to give us.

Now before this post gets too long. Some of the stuff you said about automobile versus skydiving accident statistics is the same stuff I've been saying to a lot of whuffo friends and colleagues. I still thinking riding my motorcycle, the ice climmbing and mountaineering I have done are more dangerous than skydiving, but I have only been in the sport five months now and have yet to have someone I know be killed (and the same can not be said by some of the people here who have been in the sport longer). So I just wanted to try and help you get a feel for some of the people you may encounter here. Having an opinion is good, but also having big ears and an open mind is better.

I hope you get to jump soon. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over