johnnie

Still learning

Well this makes to first for me. First time doing this and the first time I have jumped from a plane. Sure wish I knew what I was missing a long time ago. I now have 9 jumps including 1 tandem to get me hooked. I'm on 10 second delay but it's too cold for me. Going to Tenn. to the tunnel twice before March.Plan to get current again in the spring. Best people I have ever met are sydivers. Itching for a jump. Blue skies to everyone and thanks for welcoming me into this great sport !!

Going to Tenn. to the tunnel twice before March.

Hi there and welcome!

I thought about going to the tunnel in Tennessee over Christmas break (my hometown is Knoxville, which is about 2 hrs away from Pigeon Forge), but I've heard it's not too great. I've got 9 jumps as well, and I'll be doing tunnel training in February at SkyVenture...can't wait!

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

T'is true. The tunnel at Pigeon Forge is a good amusement park ride, and not a very effecive training tool for real skydiving.

It's fun, I'm sure... but if you're looking to the tunnel to help your skydiving then there's (currently) no substitute for SkyVenture in the US.

_Am (Hi P!)
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

AndyMan,
Can you tell of this place everyone tells me called Skyventure? Where,When,How,$$$. If I'm going to take the time I want it to be worth it. I will probably still go to Tenn. in March because I go to Bristol for the races. May jump a tandem there as well. Have you heard anything about the dz called sky dive smokey mountain

Here's the web site for Skydive Smoky Mountains:

http://www.skydivesmokymountains.com

I haven't been there myself, but you can read the reviews that other dz.com users have written here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/dropzone/review.cgi?ID=203

Enjoy the scenery if you go! I miss Tennessee specifically for the topography...oh, and maybe my family, too. ;)

-P

__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)