danvan

Woooooooooo!

Hi everyone.

My name's Daniel, I'm 24, from Sydney Australia, work in the network operations of a major ISP, I'm very new here at dropzone.com and still relatively new to the sport (13 jumps so far).

I have just finished my AFF this weekend just gone, at Sydney Skydivers. I would like to thank EVERYONE at Sydney Skydivers, especially Andrew Snow (for having a fast fall rate too, thus jumping with me on 5 of my AFF stages), Elise Vale (for all the support and encouragement) and Mick Hill (for pulling my rip cord on my first jump when I lost height awareness ;-) ).

I can see this sport consuming a lot of my time, and a lot of my money, and changing my life forever (even more than it already has). I can't stop thinking about it! WOOOOOHOOOO! :)

Can anyone recommend any good skydiving/basejumping videos or DVDs (preferably available locally in Australia)?

Blue Skies,
Daniel V

(p.s. If anyone knows of any second hand equipment for sale in Sydney that would suit a big guy - 95kg, 6'1" - or can think of anywhere I should try looking - please email me [email protected]. Thanks.)

Hey Dan, if you're online in the (your) evening, check out the "Non-americans" thread in TalkBack. The thread has nothing to do with excluding anyone, it's just that the people there usually are online while (most of) the americans are asleep... There's a bunch of people there from Europe, Africa and Australia...

And oh yeah, welcome to the sport and the forums!:)

Welcome Dan!

Hope you enjoy Dropzone.com. There are loads of places and forums for you to explore and dig into. Browse around and you'll learn a lot...

The thread has nothing to do with excluding anyone

People have to say this out loud to constantly convince themselves....
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Thanks for all the warm greets and suggestions.

So far I have bought "BASEclimb & BASEclimb 2" on DVD which is a good (Australian) documentary, but not very exciting. I also bought a BASE/freeflying video through a friend called "Standard Issue", which is awesome. I have a copy of "Good Stuff" ordered, which I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of. I'm going to look at getting some of the others mentioned here soon, but the prices are a bit restrictive (AU$100 for a VHS from totalcontrol.com.au is a bit steep).

I have also checked out quite a few from ftp.skydivingmovies.com.

Thanks again,
Daniel