katzurki

The Best Way to make a first jump

Using a home-rigged harness/container and an accuracy canopy (HIT-252), self-taught handheld 47" off a low cliff on New Year's Eve, 0.5' delay by the look of it.

Jumper's skydiving experience: ~150 jumps.

Jumper's name: Aleksei Roslyakov

(published with permission)

edited to add: according to the jumper, he built everything but the canopy himself—this includes PC, bridle, and risers.

HAHAHAHA....
I love the RW and SP logos....:D
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Seems like he belongs in the club to me. 150 skydives is not too few, and real BASE gear might be impossible to find in his area(although APEX ships worldwide, heh heh). I'm actually super impressed with this guys motivation, and he's got Cutie McEyecandy at the exit point with him as well, just like a real flicker. Mr. thirdworld BASE newbie has a fanclub now, me.
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

now there's a jumper deserving respect.

Aleksei Roslyakov, you are the man.

of course now that i've backed you, you're doomed. sorry pal.

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

It'd be cool to know if that was a hybrid (things pulled from other rigs) to create this or was it totaly made by him....
most people dont own the machines to stitch up a harness...
and then you still have to stitch it correctly.....
ya gotta hand it to him.....B|
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Pilot chute looks like it worked nice too, is that green mesh?
I've got this really hardcore group of gaurdian angels that need a free paid vacation.
~Dan Osman

Now thats some old school hard core shit I love hearing about. None of this pay for a jump pussy shit. I remember hearing early on "...and we gotta stop at the store to pick up a quick 12 pack before we climb."

Big balls man and welcome!

My first Velcro closed BASE rig was a garage made "Frankenstein" sewn to an old Piglet (skydiving) harness. And I got my BASE number with that rig.

I have no idea where in the world this fellow is, but if someone gets me his address I'll send him a couple of almost new Apex BASE pilot chutes and a bridle and I'll pay the freight.

I don't recommend this as a way to start, but a guy like that deserves a CARE package . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Ha, wow, that's pretty cool. For a home-made rig it actually doesn't look all that ghetto.

Glad it worked out for him. Must be pretty rewarding to make your first Base jump on gear that you made yourself.

maybe not the smartest way, but certainly one of the ballsiest.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

edited to add: according to the jumper, he built everything but the canopy himself—this includes PC, bridle, and risers.

pilot chutes are a bitch to make, especialy ones with multiple plates for the canopy.

For a home-made rig it actually doesn't look all that ghetto.

Wha? Did somebody say ghetto?
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

He is an idiot >:(. IMHO there is nothing to do with balls.

1.He jump out from quite difficult cliff (year ago one jumper came to fatality list from this place)
2.He missed exit point for 10 meters (he did not for sure right place)
3.In case if things go wrong there would be problems with help/rescue operation – he made his jump on 31 of December. Also it could cause some problems to locals…
4.His gear – is totally shit. You could find in fatality list that some guy from Russia already try to use some modify skydive gear.

He is a lucky idiot!

Also this idiot is thinking to develop homemade wingsuit. I am sure that nobody will permit him to come with granny bathrobe to the plane and this idiot will try to jump from this cliff (approximately 200 meters).