cesslon

whats the go with this vid

I recommend you use the search function. There was a longish thread about the jump a while back (when it took place).

Thread discussing this jump is here.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

BD 04. Red Bull AIr Force jumpers Miles and Shane. Miles landed in the tree after the double connected TARD, cutaway his main, swung under shane, cutaway AGAIN and deployed. He was completely unhurt AFAIK. I was on the bridge watching.

I recommend you use the search function. There was a longish thread about the jump a while back (when it took place).

Thread discussing this jump is here.

sorry tom
I'm in here everyday and rarely miss anything so didn't bother searching lol
in the other thread some said he would have died had it been not for the tree
how high is the tree?
looks atleast 40ft

I (with zero experience) would have thought he would have landed full drive without a flare or with a flair if he was fast enough on it (if the tree wasn't there)

other question
he had roughly a 7.5 second delay lol
how long was it suppossed to be ?
and even if it was meant to be say 4 seconds would 4 second normally be slider down or up ?
I would have thought up
how much altitude would ya general lose from slider up on a 7 to 8 second delay compared to a slider down on same delay ?

I love that vid, youtube is getting some great vids

ohhhh
actually he swings on the rope for a bit
how many seconds does he actually free fall for ?

I (with zero experience) would have thought he would have landed full drive without a flare or with a flair if he was fast enough on it (if the tree wasn't there)

I was at the top watching. Someone on the ground would probably have a better angle to say, but in my opinion, he wouldn't have been able to even get the toggles off before he got the ground. I'm doubtful that the slider would have made it all the way to the links before impact.

how much altitude would ya general lose from slider up on a 7 to 8 second delay compared to a slider down on same delay ?

7 or 8 slider down would lose you the rest of your altitude. Taking that kind of delay with no slider would probably result in an opening hard enough to injure you and damage your gear.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

When you write lol, do you actualy sit in front of your PC/Laptop and laugh out loud?
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I think those trees are more in the 60-70ft range.

I saw the jump from the bridge and then I rode the bus up with Miles and Shane after.

From what I saw the tree saved Miles' ass.

What Miles and Shane said in the bus was that the tree saved his ass.

The second one they did went very smoothly, partly due to the fact that they changed the jump to give themselves more time and altitude to safely perform it.

I had the pleasure of repairing that R** B*** canopy. One of the male bovines needed a complete crainial replacement! :o

I saw this from the LZ just after I landed. And, yes, he was in the trees before being fully deployed.

My very first thought was, "Cool, an arboreal save . . ."

NickD :)BASE 194

When you write lol, do you actualy sit in front of your PC/Laptop and laugh out loud?

hiya!

yeah I do actually, well a lot of the time lately, since I've had the youtube bug its full time laughter
check out a d00d called systemf on youtube.com and you too will lol

its all l-o-l until your friend turns into tapioca pudding.

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

me and miles cut that tree down, after an unsuccessful climb attempt.
confirmed 60-70 feet off the deck.. a nice rocky shitty deck. and an unprotcted climb.

so what would be a fair guestimate on how many more feet that canopy needed for full inflation to the point where it had enough forward drive to flair and land perfectly

is there any footage from the ground online ?

dunno...maybe twice as much. didnt see it first hand. no slider definatley would have helped...