benny

Couple of gear questions... Aerodyne & more

First off, does anyone have a clue what kind of delivery times Aerodyne is running on the Icon containers? Anybody have one and care to give a little review?

Also, anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Guner?

Last thing, is there any reason I shouldn't opt for a Neptune as my alti?

Never go to a DZ strip show.

anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Guner?

Super cushy comfy helmet; I'm told it's very quiet also. I think it looks a little funny but I'd buy one if I needed a new helmet. Downside is it isn't suitable for side mounting a camera.

anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Guner?

Super cushy comfy helmet; I'm told it's very quiet also. I think it looks a little funny but I'd buy one if I needed a new helmet. Downside is it isn't suitable for side mounting a camera.

That is a drawback, although I'm nowhere near it now, someday I'd like to fly camera. I don't really like the look of the new mindwarp though, liked the previous version better. Are any still available?

Never go to a DZ strip show.

>Also, anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Guner?

I got one, I like it.

>Last thing, is there any reason I shouldn't opt for a Neptune as my alti?

It takes batteries and thus can fail at odd times, but it seems to work well. I have two.

I jumped the Guner, it is a nice helmet. Very cushiony. I purchased an Aviator. It looks better, imo. And, the one I got has extra padding so it is very comfy, too!

I just bought a Neptune. I think it's neat! I will put a review in my Neptune thread in this forum (scroll down, some people gave their opinions in there).

No info on the Icon. Sorry.

hth.
Angela

We just got our first Icon container today. It took almost 8 weeks to the day. The canopies are faster then that right now.

I still am seeing people on the DZ updating there Neptunes with new upgrades all the time. Not sure of they are just getting around to it or what. Seems like a bit of a hassle. I still like the Pro Track best. Although I would like to see them come out with one that is water proof as well.
Dom

Aerodyne is pretty steady at an 8 week production time.

Don't know if I got screwed or what, but I ordered mine a month ago through Square 2 and they told me it would be a 10-12 week delivery time. Maybe it will be here sooner???
Guess I can hope.

Don't know if I got screwed or what, but I ordered mine a month ago through Square 2 and they told me it would be a 10-12 week delivery time. Maybe it will be here sooner???
Guess I can hope.

My GUESS would be that they were being conservitive with the estimate since there has been no previous track record. Most dealers use history more than what the manufacturer says to quote delivery times.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I haven't jumped an Icon, but I saw and tried a couple on at the BPA AGM and they seemed to be well-constructed rigs. I loved the look of them, and they have a couple of really neat safety features, such as the link-stop panels and the pockets for you to hide your slinks in.

There are a couple of things that have me humm-ing and hah-ing, however:

1) I'm not totally convinced about the miniforce 3-ring system. I'd have to take advice from a rigger unconnected with Aerodyne who'd actually examined one before I bought

2) they seem to pack VERY big. The first one I tried had a Stilletto 120 and PD126-R in, and it was massive! When I asked the guy what canopies were in it I half expected him to say Sabre2 170 and PD143-R. Whether the guy just couldn't understand my Scouse accent and thought I was asking what was the smallest size I could put in, I don't know. I was just really surprised.

3) It only comes in 5 container sizes, so you've gotta have canopies that are compatible with their combinations, otherwise they're either gonna be too loose or too tight.

Let me just re-emphasize - I haven't jumped one, my only experience was a five minute chat with one of the reps and a chance to throw one on my back.

It did feel VERY comfy though!

Oh, and it's sexy as hell!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"