skykittykat

BASE Legalities

I am not a regular on this site, so rather than trawling through all the posts....

Eg, BASE jumping is NOT illegal in the UK, but trespassing is.

Why all the secrecy over BASE jumping? Is all base jumping done by breaking the law over trespass/breaking and entering, etc.

I am sure that there are a lot of sites that jumpers can legally jump off, so why make life difficult?

Why not try and promote BASE jumping in a positive way.

OK, the Yellowstone incident and Channel 4's Cutting Edge documentary did nothing at all to promote BASE jumping, rather the opposite....

Please don't flame me, but I am curious.

Still on the fence over doing a BASE jump or not....

Liz

where jumpers held a public protest, and one of the female jumpers (wearing black and white stripes) borrowed a rig with a leg throw out. She went in reaching for a B.O.C. the whole time.

To jump with our crew we have to watch the carnige video. I saw footage of the incident....

go away...trespass is a civil offence in the uk...please engage your brain before you put your mouth into gear....do you BASE jump?Probably not so go to the bonfre and talk shit there...thanks in advance

I have video of that incident. That was Yosemite. I was just making sure there wasn't an incident in Yellowstone.

***trespass is a civil offence in the uk...***

Is a civil offence in the UK regarded as doing something illegally? I only ask as I am not a lawyer, and I stated in my post that trespassing is illegal in the UK, so is there a difference?

If there is, apologies and please correct me if I am wrong:$ - no harm intended.

Thank you dmcoco84 for your pm - it was very friendly and informative.

Liz

go away...trespass is a civil offence in the uk...please engage your brain before you put your mouth into gear....do you BASE jump?Probably not so go to the bonfre and talk shit there...thanks in advance

Since we're all telling one another what to do: Don't be such a ....

You fill in the blanks tough guy.

dont be such a BASE jumper maybe? you need to lighten up tenshi mate...this forum is full of people who shouldnt be here passing comment on things they know little or nothing about...comment on legality is unwelcome especially when uninformed as these sites are scanned regularly by law enforcement agencies as well as the press...so the more we look like we dont know what we are doing the more reckless we look and the more they can shaft us in the courts and the media...maybe you should think outside the box a ittle...best regards and happy jumping... B|

trespass is a civil offence in so much as for you to be prosecuted the property owners have to sue you,for that they need proof you trespassed and a name and address and if there is a reasonable doubt that access wasnt restricted in anyway( and that sometimes includes fences) it is very costly to see through and wont even make it to court...the police will have nothing to do with it unless its whats known as aggravated tresspass...thats where damage to property or people comes into the mix...

Alright. It's just that this kittykat internet person was being friendly and I always try to refrain from being overly aggressive (internest aggressive that is) towards people who "mean well"...naïve or not.

But ok...I've lightened up. ;)

trespass is a civil offence in so much as for you to be prosecuted the property owners have to sue you,for that they need proof you trespassed and a name and address and if there is a reasonable doubt that access wasnt restricted in anyway( and that sometimes includes fences) it is very costly to see through and wont even make it to court...the police will have nothing to do with it unless its whats known as aggravated tresspass...thats where damage to property or people comes into the mix...

On the contrary legislation now makes trepass arrestable in the UK. Came into effect April 1st. Just bear in mind where you are and what could be considered terroirist activity. ie. climbing up As, tall buildings with important business interests inside. Police officers will arrest first then ask questions later, in the comfort of a police station interview room

Two grandmothers have become the first people to be arrested under the new Serious Organised Crime and Police Act after a protest at a US military base.
Helen Johns, 68, and Sylvia Boyes, 62, were held for the new offence of criminal trespass after entering the Menwith Hill base in North Yorkshire.

The new powers came into force on 1 April, the day of the women's protest. Both women were bailed until 15 April.

Campaigners said the new law undermined their right to peaceful protest.

They also oppose the US surveillance base's presence in Britain because of its role in US military operations.

On Saturday, the two women, both from Keighley in West Yorkshire and veterans of the Greenham Common protests 25 years ago, walked 15ft across the sentry line at the entrance to the base near Harrogate.

The only criminal trespass and serious organised crime we need to be worried about is taking place inside Menwith Hill

Protester Sylvia Boyes

The new legislation makes it a criminal offence to trespass on designated MoD sites such as Menwith Hill, the Fylingdales early warning station on the North York Moors, and US air bases at Mildenhall and Lakenheath in East Anglia.

The women were arrested by Ministry of Defence (MoD) police and held at Harrogate police station for 12 hours before being released on bail.

An MoD police spokesman said: "The rationale behind the new criminal trespass offence is to prevent protesters who trespass from distracting the security forces from their real job which is to provide security for important defence sites.

"Protest outside the sites remains perfectly lawful."

Mrs John, who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize last year, said: "We thought this was a really important issue and we just had to challenge it."

Historic rights

Sylvia Boyes, a member of the Grandmothers For Peace group, said: "We are the first people to have been arrested under the new Act which now criminalises trespass.

"The only criminal trespass and serious organised crime that we need to be worried about is taking place inside Menwith Hill."

Kate Hudson, the national chairman of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, said: "We have long-held historic rights to protest in Britain, which are a crucial part of our democracy.

"With this recent legislation the government has crossed the line from being a protector of citizens to being a force which prevents the legitimate right to protest.

"This is absolutely unacceptable and augurs badly for the future of British civil liberties."

oh shit i stand corrected by just under a month...youll never take me alive copper....never

Forewarned is forearmed... you just never heard it from me.... roight ;):P

Why all the secrecy over BASE jumping?

The short answer is that it helps all of us to jump more often and more safely.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com