dmcoco84

When do you pull?

Just curious as to what most people do.

Coco

P.S the "I just know", Like....do you just have so many jumps that you know exactly how long you have delayed. Like in freeflying I pretty much know when its time to track...I get that feeling.

who cares
and what do u mean, u know when to, track are u saying u dont use any device to tell u what altitude a are at . I dont but then again im a bad ass mother ferrrr if u use a dyter or altimiter than u dont no when I sold mine along with those cypres things along time ago thank god its friday
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

"When I get scared"

Hell, I'm always scared. If that was my criteria I'd be pulling on the hike up or standing on the edge.

You'd be calling me Mr. Premature Pilotchute Inflation or something like that.

Jeez! So negative. Just thought it would be interesting to see what people say.

Well….When I do like 6-10 skydives a weekend I get into a grove where without looking at my wrist alt. I can pretty much within a 2-4 seconds be like "dyter is about to go off." You (I) get accustomed to how long the jump lasts when you jump with the same person over and over and you don’t have drastic speed changes.

Also in the BASE environment, a buddy told me about how he jumped with Dave Barlia out is Swiss valley. He said on a few jumps he would go first and would be on the ground watching the rest of the guys jump. He said Dave would jump…. and he was so dialed into his delay that he knew exactly where he was and when to pull. He said Dave was so low he could see the huge smile on his face as he was deploying. But the guy has so many jumps that he knew he was exactly where he was when he deployed.

Coco

a dyter and altimiter thats funny u probully jump sober to
I remember when skydiveing was dangerous/// its friday night im going to get wasted laid and flick a B OH YAH AND POST SOMETHING INTERESTING IF YOUR BOARD
TOSS MY SALAD

I was looking for the option of:

high enough to be sure to make it to the LZ

or perhaps the option of about 300ft.

every jump is different but 300 off the deck is a pretty frequent time for me to reach back and toss out that pc thingy

your poll grade: C-

nice effort though

Damn! C- I'll have to work on that. Yea I don't have a huge range of different types of jumps so I guess that didn't cross my mind. But We'll go ahead and say that you can "count" with a planed delay so you are deploying at 300. I made the broad topics and you broke it down! :P

If anyone has any other additons, please post a message! I can't change the poll but I'd love to see what you have to say!

Coco

it depends on how many glasses of gin i have
TOSS MY SALAD

Well in is most basic thought. If there were nothing too complicated on a jump. Great LZ right near the base, perfect winds. I should have known it would get a lot more techincal than I made it. :S:P

COco

You'd be calling me Mr. Premature Pilotchute Inflation or something like that.

I think we already do, Tony! We've seen the video! :P

You drink Zima, you Nancy!

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

how dare u do u honestly now any one that parties harder than me GIN GIN
TOSS MY SALAD

That wasn't premature. That was my standard 2-3 seconds. I just forgat that I was at 1200'.

I heard Melonie likes to get down!

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

i'll put it in your ass and make your girl kim lick it clean
however this might be approriate for the ranch this is a base web site for base jumping stuff so i have to tlk base
or smoke it
TOSS MY SALAD

Yea depends on object, winds, LZ, type of jump etc. Slider down is not uncommon to be under 200' before you deploy, slider up is so varied.
The only time I'm premature is when Magot's sister is holding my PC, as I'm used to his mom's hands.
Later
Blair

So how many have you had? Based on that, how do you know when to pull?

When her pants come off you can stop jerkin' it!

Oh I'm sorry that when not to pull...

I was always taught that in genereal, the longer your delay the better. The argument presented to me, and I agree with it, is that the higher your body's velocity, the faster the entire deployment procedure will be, thus minimizing the time the enviroment has to impact the deployment (ie, twists from the wind, etc).

Other than that, I've found its a matter of your "tolerence". When I had fewer jumps, a go-and-throw was 100% fulfilling, but after a while, short delays didn't give me the rush I was after. I'm now finding this rush in longer delays, as I choose not to pursue it on high bust jumps as many of the people I started jumping with have done.
BASE #958

I voted i just know as none of your answeres really speaks for me.

I never count

I usaly pulls when i get more scared than i already am,however on tecnical jumps i usaly pull before that to make sure my flight patern will be safe(and some times i then over shoot like my firts B in London:ph34r:).
I might have wind down the wire and want a canopy out in the time between a set of wires.

Theres alot of different things to why i pull when i do,usaly i pull at the at that time correct altitude for what i feel is ok at that point.

Like in freeflying I pretty much know when its time to track...I get that feeling.

freeflying? wtf is that;):D:P oh well i guess its too long time ago i went skydiving:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

When i touch my personal 'red line'. That means the real "red line" (minimal altitude enough for opening) plus the personal "extra" altitude.
in general the personal red line feeling is: i fall down, i pull, thinking "s**t! it's too late!!!" while opening, i'm opened and then i understand that i still have my comfortable extra altitude.
True for any delays.
Between two evils always pick theone never tried