Saber 2 and End Cell Collapse

it probably means your brake lines are out of trim

Please do explain.

This I have to hear.

:D:D

So my brand new Sabre2 needs new brake lines every few jumps then I suppose
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Get on line from PD and get the lower steering line length. This is the one that shrinks up to 3 inches. Just have it replaced and you are good to go. It has your tail tucked down and slow openings. Does it rock fore and aft?

IMO this is not good advice.

Factory-fresh SA2's have end-cell closure on a regular basis because they are designed to open softly. Expecting this to go away because of a re-line is setting the OP up for disappointment.

FWIW I had the same thing with my Katanas and I now pack the nose like a reserve - centre cell fully open, slider not pulled out and outer four cells on each side folded behind the centre cell. I still get some end cell closure, but it is usually symmetrical and my openings are comfortable and usually on heading.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

my Katanas

DocPop posts in a thread about some other topic and mentions he flies a Katana.

Film at 11.

(Man, I wish I flew a Katana. That would be awesome.)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

my Katanas

Film at 11.

(Man, I wish I flew a Katana. That would be awesome.)

I fly a newer SA2 150, loading at 1.33. I just had my lower steering lines measured and they are perfectly in spec. I also have end cell closure. Previous owner did as well. Almost everyone I've talked to that flies SA2's have told me it's normal. The only guy I know that it doesn't happen to has a pretty old one with around a 1000 jumps on it.

Hi! I´m also jumping an Sabre2. It´s my first own Canopy. At the beginning I always had closed end cells.
Because of the zero Canopy it was very difficult for me to pack it and i watched this Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqNsFPbKIw8 Since I do it the same way specially at minute 6.51 I didn´t had closed end cells any more. I have now about 150 Jumps on my Sabre2 190 and at the last 100 jumps I didn´t had closed endcells any more! I´m not really sure why, but only the part at minute 6.51 changed, everything else i did the same way before to. Sorry, but my english is not the best :P

my Katanas

Film at 11.

Not sure what "Film at 11" means, but I posted my experience with a different packing method which helped the same issue, but wanted to highlight the fact that although it was still end-cell closure it was on a different canopy.

What's the problem with that?
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

my Katanas

Film at 11.

Not sure what "Film at 11" means, but I posted my experience with a different packing method which helped the same issue, but wanted to highlight the fact that although it was still end-cell closure it was on a different canopy.

What's the problem with that?

I think he is teasing you about the nature of your posts "I fly a katana" - pretty sure you do point out that in about every one of your posts.

All in good fun I hope.

I think he is teasing you ... All in good fun I hope.

Yes, on both counts :)
Also this :P

I still think it is relevant.

In the thread you linked to I mentioned it to demonstrate that it is possible with a canopy which is more sensitive on the roll axis.

It is in no way a dick-swinging exercise. Canopy type is relevant in many of these discussions.

~ CanuckInUSA

Does anyone have advice on packing methods for the Saber 2 to reduce the amount of end cell collapse on deployment?

Pitch that bitch in a track, I'll bet you, you won't have any end cell closure! SLAMMER!! ;)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"