jvair

Switzerland

I'm planning a trip to Switzerland in the next year or so, and want to get some info.
cost for about a week,
closest place to fly in,
and any other tips that may help, travel, places to stay, locals, good exit points...

thanks

Flying in from the states Zurich would probably be best. If you stay at the Horner meeting other jumpers is easy. Cost mostly depends on how fucked up you get at the club behind the Horner. Try get some slider up/sub terminal tracking jumps in before you go. Also, check with toni before you go, he can give you the score regarding access, any local issues etc. Definitely take out insurance and also sign up with air glacier.

I'd really recommend jumping as hard as possible before you go, a bit more experience and currency will really give you a lot more from the trip. :)

Sweet!!!!!! Dude I'm so there! That is if you can wait till I'm out of the academy. Next summer?

Coco

Sweet!!!!!! Dude I'm so there! That is if you can wait till I'm out of the academy. Next summer?

Coco, do you mean the summer thats coming up, or the summer in a 1 year from now?

Not this summer but next. I'm way to busy with the Fire Academy to be able to go this year. I'm hoping to be at Potato Bridge for the whole weekend during Memorial Day and if I get that off, there is no way I'll be able to go over seas for a week . I've got EMT class till May, 4 months on the box and then 4 months of fire training. So I'll be pretty busy.

I talked to Josh and he thinks it will probably be next year. That way more of our crew can go but we are gonna start planning now so we don't have any problems.

Coco

zurich looks kinda far from lauterbrunnen, is there a train or somthing that can get us there?also I'm just looking for a "best guess cost" so I can start saving my money now. Airfare I can figure out once I know where I'm going. If you've been there, how much did you spend, not including drinking, I always bring extra for that:ph34r:
I also appreciate the tip on the locals, anyone I can get with there will be a big help.
I also plan to jump alot this summer"06"
We have 900' to practice subterminal tracking from.

Zurich to LB is easy. There is a train station at the airport that goes directly to LB with one changeover-takes about 3 hrs. The train system is awesome in Switz.
I've done this 5 times and will be back in Zurich late April for another 3 week base trip :-)

playsafe

zurich looks kinda far from lauterbrunnen, is there a train or somthing that can get us there?also I'm just looking for a "best guess cost" so I can start saving my money now. Airfare I can figure out once I know where I'm going. If you've been there, how much did you spend, not including drinking, I always bring extra for that:ph34r:
I also appreciate the tip on the locals, anyone I can get with there will be a big help.
I also plan to jump alot this summer"06"
We have 900' to practice subterminal tracking from.

And I'm sure that someone that lives in Zurich can take you to Lauterbrunnen if you pay him some beers... :)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

zurich looks kinda far from lauterbrunnen,.

far inSwitzerland seems strange from the mouth of an american. By car it's far like.... Venice Beach to Elsinore maybe a tad more... around 3h in public transportation, around 4 hours from Geneva. You'll fly easier into Zurich anyways. Around 70CHF (55$) per way in public transportation.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

if anyone would like a lift from germany to swtizerland (or any other country on the way from germany to there) around end of june early july let me know
me and my travel mate had decided to buy a cheap van in london for our quick 20 day tour accross europe and I'm going to swtizerland in the hope of seeing jumps and also for some exploration (of the pubs)

Send me a PM when you get here. Might be able to help you out...:)

If you want to buy one, it's not that simple. You have to have insurance, pay taxes etc.
But the best way to travel in Europe (incl. Switzerland...) is by public transportation. You can get anywhere you want this way.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I'm plannig to be there from 29 aprill to 4th may.
If some want to met there PM me.
Any help will be greate. That's my first trip to Swiss.

Stay safe,
Olek