stellabella

To All Base Jumpers

Hi, my name is Stella and I'm a student at the University of California, Irvine. I am doing a college paper on base-jumpers and I was wondering if anyone was interested in interviews and would allow me to watch them jump if they are jumping anytime within the next 1-2 weeks.

If you don't want your name used (whether it's just the first or the full name), then I can create an alias.

I will be visiting the base tomorrow, Saturday, February 4 around lunchtime, so if anyone is interested, please contact me via email/phone... or we'll just meet when I'm there. Thanks so much for reading this, and I hope to hear from some of you soon!

~Stella~
email: [email protected]
phone: 909.732.0692

stellabella:
..."If you don't want your name used (whether it's just the first or the full name), then I can create an alias."
-

OK, I am Not at all telling anyone here Not to give interviews for Magazines or papers. About BASE jumping. Or Letting them Watch you jump or Show them your sites to Write about. BUT ! These kind of Posts Or Offers of Interview. Really Fucking PISS ME OFF. Mainly because I know there are idiot BASE jumpers out there that will do it.
This is a Similar offer that was offered to me the first of this week. I was asked to give interviews and insight to BASE jumping in this local area along with some photos and some Exits from local sites. For publication in a N.W. Magazine here. So all there little readers could be enlightened to my behavior with a Parachute.
The Reporter doing the magazine piece seemed sincere and honorable. I just had to say - NO - I tried to explain while trying not to insult his profession that there is NO WAY any written article about BASE jumping will be seen in a positive light to anyone in the Public reading it.
BASE jumping will always be looked at as a Dangerous, Reckless,Daredevil-Stunt & Illegal Act to the public. It will never be seen by Society as an accepted way to Pass The Time as a self-chosen Sport.
At the same time I tried to explain and articulate in my limited vocabulary that there is - NO Way he could Possibly Write or Arrange the BASE Article - about the local BASE jump scene that would be looked at as a positive thing and Would be Negative to the Cause and it will only turn out BAD for us, as Jumpers.
(the cause) as being the rare occasions of Legal BASE Events, or Access to possible Legal Object in the future. As well as I would be a (Fucking Idiot) to naively show-off local jump sites.
This is only my humble opinion (miss StellaBella) but I do not believe that any BASE jumper here in the States should ever Give or be Paid to give interviews of BASE jumping.
BASE jumping, Written or Videoed for reported articles should -ONLY- be given for Legal jumps sites or Legal BASE Events . It is a rarity that even (the legal Jumps) that are written about us are positive. Most are written to look as if we were all out cheating death with a Parachute with every BASE jump made.
Most freelance Reporters/Journalists (here in the states) I think, are fucking Lowlife SCUM who scratch a living to pay there bills by writing and Feeding us, Over Sensationalize Crap. The few Reporters that are Honest and Sincere will have there (submitted) work/writings. Edited, Twisted and Deformed to accommodate the Mindless Reading Market that they try to SELL . The public as a whole can barely make a mentally grasp, to Comprehend Skydiving as anything legitimate or normal as behavior. So BASE will never written to be looked upon as Good.
(just another opinion) If Any Of You do give BASE interviews to Reporters/Journalists. Even if by hiding your name. You are so fucking stupid you don't deserve to BASE jump with the rest of the BASE population and should have your Pull-Hand Cut-Off and your Head shaved as a warning to all. That you are a Fuck-up and can not be trusted. While at the same time miss Stellabella (journalist) can go fuck her self with a rusty Rail-Road Spike. You miserable Fucking Cunt.

It's getting late and I should be heading out of the office soon, your post made me smile!

Ray, calm down buddy...this person is writing a "college paper," not something for the media. As a jumper myself, I'm writing a college research paper as a requirement for my criminal justice course concerning the illegalities involved with BASE (specifically, aerial delivery). It's for a grade...not for money. Stella seems to be innocently seeking the help of the BASE community for school...how do you think she, as a member of the general public, perceives BASE jumpers now? Or do you even care to improve the public image of BASE?

:D:D

LOL <=== yes, I actually laughed out loud but there was no rolling on the floor or anything. I could have put the BIWRFF right after the LOL. That would have been cool.

Hey Ray, it's somewhat difficult to understand your real thoughts are on the matter. ;)

When you are allowed back in this forum, I'll wait with baited breath... (whatever that means) for the next exciting episode.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

OHhhhh Christ ! Another fucking College wannaby journalist. What's the matter ? Tired of writing ecology romanticisms of Global Warming or Holes in the Ozone.? Or are you worn-out with the usual pretentious college,liberal Tripe of injustice to the poor and struggling 3rd world nations. By the trampling boots of western culture and its capitalistic Whip on there backs. To practice your dissertation on.
OHhhh fucking pardon me ! She Wants hammer another nail in my BASE Jumping-Ass. To hone her academic writing skills. By interviewing & Publicize BASE jumping ? What the hell is wrong with you people ?
She's not a jumper and If she cant take Cheep-Shots from a BASE jumper with only a 7th grade education. Then how the fuck is she going to make it in the real world, As a so called, Journalist ?

edit to add:
And I Aint Your Fucking Buddy !

It looks as if someone started drinking a little before happy hour;). Hold on for awhile, i gotta go start to catch up.B|

ah HAH!!! It's bated breath, and the wait was short.

This one is for you Ray. Click that ==> :|

I'm saving these in a word document in case they get deleted... oh man... Ray, call me or check your PM's.

:D

Guess what, BUDDY...when people go to college, regardless of their major, they have to write papers. I guess you wouldn't know, though, junior high dropout. I am VERY FAR from being a journalism major.

Just like Stella's paper, more than likely, the only person who will read my paper will be my professor, who could care less about BASE jumping.

"BASE jumper with only a 7th grade education"...your spelling proves you never made it past 7th grade. And your mentality proves that of a 7th-grader. Now go flip my burgers, so you can rush over and bag my groceries, you retard.

Um... I know threats of violence are bad here... but Ray is my friend... and if I heard you say that to him, or knew you lived close to me, I'd cruise over there and kick the shit out of you.

Edit to add: You obviously have no idea who Ray Losli is or maybe you would bite your tongue.

Not really, not even close.

UWwwwww Careful there. Or you will be lowering yourself to my level of intellect ?
..."Now go flip my burgers, so you can rush over and bag my groceries, you retard. "
-
I know this can't be the only time you have abused the mentally challenged like myself. So I guess the only recourse left for me is to say.
Why don't you SUCK my Fucking Dick !

Because I'm not gay. Sorry, find someone else to fulfull your homosexual fantasies. And respond to your PM.

I say we all just fight about it on the intern--

oh, nevermind.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

OHhhhhhh trying to insult my manhood and masculinity by accusations of homosexuality. The last refuge of a scoundrel. ....:$
Dude your parents are really wasting there money on your lazy ass putting you through collage if that's all you got left for this barn-yard debate.
This is typically expected behavior of the Rookie posting against the Old and hardened Veteran of the BASE forums.
Wanting to quietly take this to the PM's ?? Hell, you little Cry Baby. why don't you just give me a fucking phone call here at home. We can discuss this over a warm cup of Chai Tea.

OHhhhhhh trying to insult my manhood and masculinity by accusations of homosexuality. The last refuge of a scoundrel. ....:$
Dude your parents are really wasting there money on your lazy ass putting you through collage if that's all you got left for this barn-yard debate.
This is typically expected behavior of the Rookie posting against the Old and hardened Veteran of the BASE forums.
Wanting to quietly take this to the PM's ?? Hell, you little Cry Baby. why don't you just give me a fucking phone call here at home. We can discuss this over a warm cup of Chai Tea.

==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Your posts are not related to BASE, so why clutter this forum with this nonsense? That's why I wish to discuss this via PMs. But since you don't, post your number, and I'll consider giving you a call.

Hey I like that music Vid.
You got to admire the effort of pure and true feeling of the Heart they give to the beat and rhythms. Thou the lyrics were not all that complex. Dude I got to say, that's a pretty catchy tune there. I was tapping my foot and kinda really getting into the Vid.
..."Ya fuck the shit. Ya fuck this fucking shit, Ya fuck, the shit. fuck the fucking shit ya fuck."
It will surely rival the works of Paganini, Offenbach or Mozart.If the big money of the music corp. moguls don't corrupt there innocents ......:P

Alright you non-BASE jumping, collage going, soon to be journalist. I can see you have learned your lesson. So I, being a fellow countryman & Bigger man here will take the High-road to dignity.
I will gather all my inner and spiritual strength to stretch my hand outward in friendship in hopes your strength can compensate for my weakness, and hope your wisdom can help to minimize my mistakes in my humble and misguided attempts at venting my disgust of journalistic practices here in the world we live in.
I do not seek to be inhospitable, intimidate or dominate or be a threat to the well-being of all participants in this world wide BASE forum. I know together, in a spirit of individual sacrifice for the common good, we must simply do our best. So let us learn together and laugh together and work together and pray together, confident that in the end we will triumph together in the right. These are not just my goals, They will be the Goals of all of us. They will not be my accomplishments, but the accomplishments of us all. In our affirmation of our continuing moral strength and our belief in an undiminished, ever-expanding BASE jumping dream.
edit to add:
If that's not good enough for you. You can fucking Blow Me !

the idea is simple
sometimes (most of the time) base jumping is an illegal activity
NOONE (with a normal aproach to the sport) will NEVER take a journalist to the LOCAL object
maybe the police (authorities) knows that there are some "crazy" guys who jump sometime that A but they will TOLERATE it as long as there are NO INCIDENTS, NO MEDIA, NO PUBLICITY with fireworks about it
i think it`s ok to give interviews about a legal event (as BD) or history of the base jumping but no more
Exmple: it`s like u`ll go with the press to ur local drug dealer to show... to show WHAT?

i`m not a basejumper but i think it`s all about respect...
PS... sorry for my silly english... i passed 7th grade but english is my third language

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

shotgun ray v. some panty clencher, whos going to win? and when that happens who will be pissed for a long time cause they lost? I know ray will forget about it. thanks for the entertainment tho