Stein

Heliboogie Norway 2006

Now some of us have to choose between Stupino and Kjerag.

I am going to Kjerag :)
Is it possible to come a week in advance and take the BASE course offered then? Also do a few hikes and get a general feel for the area.

Kris.

as i said to ScaryPerry....i have to choose.........too, bad, too, bad, but, HB it is......B|B|B|

Hey, is it my rig on your avatar ?? :|:D:D:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Is it possible to come a week in advance and take the BASE course offered then? Also do a few hikes and get a general feel for the area.

Kris, how's your glide? If you can stay at 2.4 for a minute, Smell is a much better flight then Kjerag. A short 30min hike gets you the most altitude in the area and you land right back at the campground... as many times as you want, absolutely free! ;)

#8 might justify going all the way to Kjerag, though. It's beautiful and only takes an easy 1.5L/D to survive :)
All other exits are tracking suit territory.

bsbd!

Yuri.

and you land right back at the campground... as many times as you want, absolutely free! ;)

Yuri, doesn't the car ride up the the trail-head cost money, too?
I ask, because I've had this idea. I'm a very thrifty jumper... OK, I'm cheap;)

Also, do you know if flying over the bar at the Italian Terminal wall is comparable to getting back to the campground from Smell? I don't know my glide ratio so I was looking for a realistic comparison... I figure you have jumped a wingsuit from the ITW.

Thanks dude. If you're in Florida this winter look me up at Z-hills. We'll jump those things we scoped last winter.B|

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

Yuri, doesn't the car ride up the the trail-head cost money, too?

Only if you don't have a car ;)

A seat in the club's bus is 50NK. You can also try to hitchhike.

Also, do you know if flying over the bar at the Italian Terminal wall is comparable to getting back to the campground from Smell?

Not even in the same league.

ITW requires about 1.5 to reach LZ and 1.7 to the bar (1200m/1.5km..1.7km).

Smell #1 needs about 2.4 to the shoreline (940m/1.7km) and about 2.8 to the White House (2.0km). Flying across the fjord is much easier, about 1.2..1.4km if i remember right, but LZ is tight.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Smell #1 needs about 2.4 to the shoreline (940m/1.7km) and about 2.8 to the White House (2.0km).

You can still fly Smell if you don't get that glide ratio though. Fat Americans can just dump early and use the canopy to fly the rest of the way home.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Thanks for the info and tips guys. It's good to know what I gotta work on to play with the big dogs.

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

Kris, how's your glide? If you can stay at 2.4 for a minute, Smell is a much better flight then Kjerag. A short 30min hike gets you the most altitude in the area and you land right back at the campground... as many times as you want, absolutely free! ;)

#8 might justify going all the way to Kjerag, though. It's beautiful and only takes an easy 1.5L/D to survive :)
All other exits are tracking suit territory.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Thanks for the info Yuri :)
Around 1.8 is a safe estimate.

I don't have accurate data because I pulled high on all three of my WS jumps at the ITW. The second one was useless because of major turbulence.

Kris.

A short 30min hike gets you the most altitude in the area and you land right back at the campground... as many times as you want, absolutely free!

If the weather conditions are good, how many jumps in a day could one expect to make at the Heliboogie?

How about number of jumps if only hiking / jumping at Smellveggen?

I'd like to maximize the number of jumps when I go there this summer and get the most for the travel expense.
Right now I'm thinking about 10 days there, with the Heliboogie in the middle of the visit.

Is the weather much better in July, August?
thanks,

Jim
:)

How about number of jumps if only hiking / jumping at Smellveggen?

I've been making 4 a day in the early years. Maxing out a wingsuit last summer, i felt like 2 a day were enough - perfomance starts to degrade as you get tired.

You do need West wind (or no wind) for Smell. The entire summer weather is unpredictable, but i had good luck over the years towards the end of the season.

bsbd!

Yuri.

What would be a good Ball Park figure for $ cost $ for a trip like this?

I just got hired by a Fire Department so after I get out of the academy I wanna go over seas for some big wall jumping!! I'll finally have the funds to do so!

Coco