footbagman

ESPN Sportscenter

Sportscenter will be showing some Base jumping out of Idaho. On Wednesday, July 20
Life's a Beach, Not a Mountain.

hope it has a goodspin...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Hey Jaap, is this the episode you and redbull are going to be on?

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Hey Jaap, is this the episode you and redbull are going to be on?

:)
I don't know, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to televise how Red Bull encourages their sponsored jumpers to help people with zero skydives go stowed on their tenth BASE jump. That's insane! I think I'll have some more ice cream.

Edited to add that you should not, I repeat SHOULD NOT, take my posts seriously. Copyright GFD, 2005.

Ok, I got a call from the producer of the BASE segment this morning. He said it will show today at (mountain time) 4pm, 6pm and 11pm, then again tomorrow morning.

I'll try to record it. I'm curious how it turned out.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Save yourselves the trouble and only watch the last 10 minutes of Sportscenter. I had to endure 50 minutes of crap to catch the 5 or so minutes on the Perrine. But it was a good piece on our sport, Tom A and Mike T (I don't know the other guy as there was a 3rd guy) did a good job representing us.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I actually figured they were only going to tease us, then at the very end do a short segement. Thank you TiVo!!

I thought it was a brief but generally positive segement. It was also nice to see the Pres. of the Camber of Commerce on the clip. Good job guys!!

Haven't seen the rerun yet, but the lead in was a hoot..."the only state where base jumping is legal".

Any chance we'll see this clip on Skydivingmovies.com? I doubt ESPN will sue us over a five minute clip, if they even were to find out in the first place.

Haven't seen the rerun yet, but the lead in was a hoot..."the only state where base jumping is legal".

Which is funny because we discussed other states with legal BASE when we were talking to them off camera.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Call the proucer back that you spoke with and refer them to the jumpers down in Moab for their Utah day special in a few weeks.

Whoohoo, Tom!! You da man!!

(Doesn't mean I'll ever BASE jump though).

Call the proucer back that you spoke with and refer them to the jumpers down in Moab for their Utah day special in a few weeks.

I think they've already got their Utah stuff lined up. I did suggest that they visit with Jimmy and Marta, but they weren't too keen on it.

They are, apparently, covering Lost Prairie, though.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Looked good Tom...way to go...

chrisB|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"