Treejumps

Twin Falls Hotels?

Hey there,

Anyone stayed at the Red Lion in TF? Last time I was out there I stayed at the Comfort, but the Red Lion has a pretty good deal at $47.50 per night, about half the Shilo or Comfort? Suggestions or comments?

Cya.

I recommend the Motel 6. If you book online or ask for the jumpers-discount, you only pay 32 dollars per night.

It's close to the bridge, very friendly, and they let you pack in the lobby. Not a very big packing area, but better than your hotel room.

Motel 6 is definitely the best deal for a room with a bed. If you're looking to have a nice, big packing area and a hottub then you need to splurge and stay at the shiloh.

I heard if you stay at the Shiloh, you get a free breakfast at Perkins. I've never taken advantage of that. Anyone know if it's true?

...big packing area...shiloh.

The Shiloh no longer allows jumpers to pack in the conference room or hallways. Some jumpers here a few weeks ago had problems with the management there on this issue (bad enough that the jumpers, who had never stayed anywhere else in their 4 years of visiting Twin, decided they would not return to the Shiloh).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I've stayed at the Red Lion. It was a non-jumping trip (before I lived here, of course), so I can't comment on packing areas, but the rooms were generally acceptable, and there is a nice hot tub.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Some jumpers here a few weeks ago had problems with the management there on this issue

Wow, that sucks. That pretty much leaves me no reason to stay there anymore. So where is the best place to pack indoors if it's windy out?

Some jumpers here a few weeks ago had problems with the management there on this issue

Wow, that sucks. That pretty much leaves me no reason to stay there anymore. So where is the best place to pack indoors if it's windy out?

Ameritel has a pretty good conference room.

Or you could just start using the "Tom's Super Controlled pack job", specially formulated to allow packing in gale force winds.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Or you could just start using the "Tom's Super Controlled pack job", specially formulated to allow packing in gale force winds.

was that the one with 12 clamps, 2 tent pegs and several bungees? Be warned, Tom has done a secret deal with Home Depot.

I stayed in the Motel 6 last year and managed 19 pack jobs in my room. You can fit (just) if you put a back of one of the luxury padded chairs on the lines just above the links and then flip the container back over the chair. The packing tabs on my 265 Troll just reached the door.

Nice place to stay but the coffee sucks.

Jules

Just booked the Comfort for $65.00. Need a decent place since it also our 1 year wedding anniversary. :)

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn for the past two years and have had no problem packing in the hallways. I think they are about $85.00 a night though, the rooms with two queen beds also have that extra living room area which is pretty sweet.

Just booked the Comfort for $65.00.

damn! How did you get it for $65.00? Is that a weekday or weekend rate? I just called them the other day and they were $99.00 on the weekend and $80.00 something during the week.

Call Choice Hotels direct: 800.228.5150 The desk clerk told me about it whan I called to book the room. Interesting that the number is 5150, the police call number for insane person. B|

So where is the best place to pack indoors if it's windy out?

if its that windy find a bar:P oh have an open eye about that for me as i visit,i need my part of alcohol on my trips:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Ameritel has a pretty good conference room.

The Ameritel has always treated us great. As long as they don't have anything going on in the conference room you can use it. Just vacuum and put the chairs back when your done.:)
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

Call Choice Hotels direct: 800.228.5150 The desk clerk told me about it whan I called to book the room

Sweet, thanks for the info!

Interesting that the number is 5150, the police call number for insane person. B|

teeheee, that is pretty funny :D

I got 60 bucks a night using the military rate...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Do you have any idea about the events that led the Shiloh to no longer allow jumpers to pack in the conference rooms or hallways?

Did jumpers stop respecting the room (putting chairs and tables back, vacuuming, etc.)?

Or do they just have new management that doesn't like jumpers?

Do you have any idea about the events that led the Shiloh to no longer allow jumpers to pack in the conference rooms or hallways?

I have no idea.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

When I was there in March, two other jumpers and I packed in the conference room at the Shilo. And I had two rigs with me so I was there a while... Nobody seemed to mind.

A group of us stayed at the Red Lion last month. Bordering the pool was a perfect place to pack away from the wind. You can even tie the rig to the pool fence. Soft grass, too.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof"

It was me and Jeb, who had the encounter with the management a few weeks ago.

I've stayed in Shilo for quite a few times and i always found the attitude from receptionist and management to be very friendly and nice.

This time, the manager was very offensive and told us, how base-jumpers have recently stopped respecting the conference room, never returning the chairs or tables back on their correct places and making a mess, but never cleaning after themselves. That had caused problems for their other, "real" conference groups, who also use their facilities.

It is not a big thing and i understand where she was coming from, but the thing that pissed us, was how she confronted us about it. Pointing her finger at us and blaming how we were personally responsible for it, even though we have not been jumping in Twin Falls for over a year and a half and we've always behaved well.

You can still pack (quietly) at the hallways, but i'm not going to. The main attraction of Shilo, were those nice big conference rooms for packing.

It is a shame, how often actions of a few individuals affect the entire community.