K763

Looking for Michael McM

I'm looking to contact Michael McMurtrey in WA about his canopy repair. Some how we don't have his current e-mail, and the phone number we have isn't working. Can anyone have him contact me here at Apex? 951-940-1324.

Thanks,
Peace,
K

Thanks Chad! Got him on the phone now. Thanks for the quick response!

Peace,
K

Thanks Guys B|...

I've been so busy :S at work that I haven't been on dropzone for a while [:/]...

Michael

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

Hey we all know how unreliable that phone of his is

buy him a Nokia 5140 its all great:P

About phones did any of you guys play whith nokias "push n´talk" option? should be like a walkie on the mobilenet(working over gprs= mobile net)sadly none mobile provider in DK takes this>:(

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

..."push n´talk" option?

Several years ago I knew some jumpers were talking about trying to get a bunch of us together on a PTT type connection. Imagine sitting at work in Tennessee and hearing your phone "there's a bust going down in California..."
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Imagine sitting at work in Tennessee and hearing your phone "there's a bust going down in California..."

I guess if you had the same code as the jumpers in california it could happen,but atleast you would have news up front:P

As i understand you can turn the things into codes,and limited users that way you could iliminate "scanners"..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I was thinking of it as more of a positive thing. You'd be able to keep everyone informed of BASE related things (like hot objects) really fast.

You could have group codes for your crew, everyone in your area, everyone in the country, etc.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

exactly,it could even be used in a wally or a high cliff here arround me and still have a regular phone(and gps in my case:) =Nokia 5140 whirth the gps sheld,testing at this point).

it also would make it cheaper to make a "call" over the pond:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I guess if you had the same code as the jumpers in california it could happen,but atleast you would have news up front:P***

Nextel phones....B|you can create a nationwide group list as well as a separate list for your locals. All PTT.
They work great in the cities and are expanding into rural areas now.
A

Nextel phones....

huh? i dont know that product,sounds like somthing you buy in walmart(i guess):D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Nextel is the name of the wireless provider in the states that first offerred the PTT option. It's expanded to some of the others now.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

...sounds like somthing you buy in walmart...

Oh crap, you know about wallymart?:S That's just not good!

Who was the one that poisoned your mind by telling you about walmart!?! We need to strangle them.:P

and gps in my case =Nokia 5140 whirth the gps sheld,testing at this point

I've got a 5140 and was considering buying the GPS shell. However read that it really saps the phone's battery. Don't fancy arriving at the exit point to discover my phone is dead.

I'd like some feedback when you've tested it please.

Will

it dont eat THAT much ill say 1/4 more than usual if you use the GPS alot.
I always have full power on my phone as im on at exitpoint by myself,i seems to rember once were i couldnt contact any at some point(myself to blame not the phone:$).

ill pm you

Stay safe
Stefan Faber