hookitt

Turkey Boogie

Who's going?

Well, I have been planning the trip since Memorial Day, but a sudden run in with a tree last weekend seems to be a wrinkle in my plans.

I was out riding dirt bikes with the kids when I missed a turn a hit a tree dead on. I'm laid up with broken ribs, broken vertbras and a busted up shoulder (not sure what all is busted in it yet).

Have fun out there, and if I am feeling up to it, I may still make the trip just for the scenery.

Ganja

Oh NO! a nasty tree broke our Ganja! Hang in their buddy. Stick to skydiving, it's lots safer than bike riding!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Anyone plan on 'skydiving' during the boogie?

and before you all ask, NO we can't commercially jump into mb!
Not yet!
-
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

Ok, then don't charge us for the plane ride! Doesn't that make it private rather than commercial? And if some $20's end up stuffed in the PRIVATE pilot's pockets...well, we just needed to empty our pockets before we jumped...weight and safety don't ya know???

:P

K

Ya, I know. We are working on that angle. The BLM guy said it was ok if we did it privately. But I'm going to find out exactly!

I don't need to piss them off!
-
Clint MacBeth

what is the mb? how deep is it? is it BASE-able?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Damn, THAT was funny Leroy..
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

what is the mb? how deep is it? is it BASE-able?

Well, it was kind of fun while it lasted. I'm going to edit out the area name, as I see that there are plenty of folks reading this who probably ought to be guided there during the boogie.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom,

If jumping is legal there, why is it necessary to keep names quiet? I mean the sign that mentions BASE jumping in the parking lot actually helped us to find the popular frozen pizza area...

Just curious as to why the hush hush in that area.

Ganja

If jumping is legal there, why is it necessary to keep names quiet?

There have been numerous accidents at legal sites, when folks who were unqualified attempted to jump them. Just because they are legal doesn't mean they are safe. There have been real accidents at popular legal BASE sites because someone with no training was able to acquire gear (often the wrong kind of gear) and find an exit.

From my Naming Names article:

Accidents occur at legal sites, as well as illegal ones, and this reasoning applies equally to either. In fact, the majority of BASE fatalities have occurred at legal sites. The ease of access to these sites, as well as the frequency of accidents, argues, if anything, for greater site secrecy at legal sites.

It is my opinion that the best way to visit a new (to you) BASE site is in the company of the locals. The idea is not to keep jumpers from visiting. It is to encourage them to call the locals first.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

is it BASE-able?

I sure hope so. Two of my four cliffs jumps are into it and I'm still pretty new to all this BASE crazy'ness. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm glad I have you to catch my inocent mistakes.

I need to think more... nah.. to much work.

-
Clint MacBeth