base570

Bridge Day Weather

It looks to be an exciting year for weather at Bridge Day. Seems like it's going to be cold, rainy and windy:o Get the video cameras ready!!!

Do you know what kind of weather conditions make them cancel? I imagine that you have to be able to see the bottom of the gorge, but rain? Wind?

Gee Jason, thanks for reminding me... As if going to weather.com every 12 minutes hoping the forecast would be changed wasn't bad enough, I have to read about shitty the weather is going to be on here to....

Ganja

...cold, rainy and windy

I think I'm going to be a total sissy this year and jump in my drysuit. Due to the fact I'm going in the water I figure this will be the only way I won't turn into a popcicle. I may be able to get more than one jump in because I won't be spending the rest of the day trying to get warm. I'm sure going to look silly but oh well!
At least this year I won't be jumping a pink canopy like previous years (no offense Anne).

it also seems the wind will be coming from an evil direction making landings pretty much downwinders...
Memento Audere Semper

I think I'm going to be a total sissy this year and jump in my drysuit.

Very smart idea. I was wondering if you should have done that over Labor Day. You look awfully funny when you turn blue.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Some of the forcasts are 10 to 15 mph from the west. Chance of rain is only 30%, cross your fingers.

yea
about to sneak out.... laters see ya'lll sooon
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

You look awfully funny when you turn blue.

I've been told I just look funny all the time. :D

Sounds like Bridge Day 1996. That was fun! :o
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

Sounds like Bridge Day 1996. That was fun! :o

Ah yes.
That was quite fun. I'll be wearing armour this year and not jumping a Pegasus:P

It didn't end up too bad, it rained pretty hard for portions and was definitely gusting up to 20 at one point for about 10-20 minutes and they paused jumping. A lot of people at the bottom and alot of spectators left at this point (around 2:00) assuming jumping was over. However the rain and the wind both soon stopped and I got back up to the top and jumped with sunshine on my face.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

ended up with 3 jumps at my 1st (beer, cause I say so) bridge day. Was so awesome, didnt land in the water or trees. Thanks to my mentor for pushing me on the accuracy side of the house. ended up being interview 4 times with 1 followup interview.

I will post some pics and videos soon this week!!!

And thanks to all the awesome people that I met there!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...