base515

How many have had guns drawn on them while BASEjumping?

Just curious. I know I've been drawn on twice. Once by the fuzz and once by farmer McNasty.

May we live long and die out

After a routine landing from a downtown hotel three private security officers from a nearby waterfront shopping area surrounded me. When I tried to walk away one drew a weapon and actually pointed it at me. He gun hand is shaking and his lips are quivering, and it really pissed me off.

It used to be law enforcement types never drew their weapons, except in extreme circumstances, and then would never actually point it at someone unless they intended to shoot. Now you can watch an episode, or two, of COPS, and see they won’t knock on a door on a barking dog call without their weapons drawn. Okay, I know it’s a more dangerous world these days, but it still bothers me.

As calmly as I could I said to the officer, “please put the weapon away, sir, nothing very bad is happening here.”

He lowered the weapon.

“What did I do?” I asked him.

“You did an illegal stunt.”

“You’re making that up, that’s not a law.” I said and laughed.

And then the other two started laughing and that was the end of it.

They let me go . . .

Nick :)BASE 194

I know a guy who jumped with his own gun.....he accidentally left it in his stash bag and discovered it at the exit point.;)
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Where the "I've pulled a gun on someone while BASE jumping option." Not that I have or would or could, but it'd be interesting to see the results.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

My friend, a good BASE brother, and a great American patriot, Don Jacobson, carried a Model 1911 Colt 45 on every jump he made downtown. He’d had much previous trouble with his car being broke into and his gear stolen while scouting downtown building entry points, he’s been rousted and hassled by police and security guards to the point he wasn’t going to take it anymore. I’ll never forget the night we are downtown and Don said to me in all seriousness.

“Nick, the next son of bitch that tells me I can’t BASE jump is going to be picking hot lead out of his liver.”

When we got to the roof of the building and looked over the edge, the wind is all wrong, and the traffic in the street is too heavy.

“So what do you think, Nick?” Don asked me.

“Looks good to me, Bro . . .”

Nick :)BASE 194

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!! That story was rad.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I luv your work Nick. Nice, very nice...

:)
Bryan

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Can I forward that one if I give you credit? Even non-jumpers will love it!!:)

When sneaking around towers in the middle of the night I have often let my mind wander. Some of the places that I jump are in the country with lots of hillbillies. I am just waiting for the night when one of them is out poaching for Deer and mistakes me for one. Can you imagine some idiot flinging arrows or shooting at you because he thought you were an animal? This isn't unlikely because I see people out shining for deer quite a bit while climbing. Think about that one the next time your out doing a solo.

Matt Davies

i voted yes but actualy i never jumped the thing.. I had the gear in the back of the car and were lurking at this object when two soldiers confronted me,i just played dumb(yes im good at that)and asked for a road direction,which cooled them down alot and just asked me to leave..whith out telling me were to go..:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I just read in an austrian skydiving magazine about a skydiver who was hit by a bullet in freefall, actually during separation from a 20-way. It was found that a guy had shot at the formation with his rifle...

I just read in an austrian skydiving magazine about a skydiver who was hit by a bullet in freefall, actually during separation from a 20-way. It was found that a guy had shot at the formation with his rifle...

Too bad he didn't throw a fucking hand grenade.

Skydivers!!!
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Got video?

I'd like to hear the "Farmer McNasty" story sometime...

Reminds me of a story of a jumper that got shot during a three-way. Seems the guy that shot him was a bit protective of his sisters;)