Vapor

Favorite shoes?

Hey, those of you whom have shoes from cmax.com, are they quality? I was screwing around with their site the other day...I made some ass-ugly designs!!;)

Pretty cool idea, but they're more expensive than the Vans I normally wear, so I'd like to know if they're any good before I get them. What styles do people have? How have they held up? Normal delivery time? etc.?

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

are they quality?

They are very well made and come with 2 pair of really comfortable insoles. Mine are holding up very well despite being put through the typical boogie madness to include having copious amounts of beer and other substances spilled on them and the the dreaded bon fire excursions;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Adidas GSG9 boots are the best you will find.
Sparky

Now THERE is a pair of over priced shoes, If you have to buy them, thank God I don't. Not to mention that they pretty much suck for doing anything. They even suck for room clearing operations as they have no protection and no real support. I have no idea how they figure they are worth $300 a pair
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Amen to that... although the CMAX customs ain't cheap, either. I'm also given to understand that some fun jumpers won't get anywhere near someone going out the door with boots; that's probably more about steel-toed jobs than these.

I think I'm going to give the Vans a try. We need a shoe category in the reviews section....
blue skies
W

This is a bit basic, but I can't find any back posts -- I've been wearing New Balance trail running shoes all through AFF and they cushion landing shock pretty well, but little ankle support... I'm still kinda twitchy on my flare and I'll take all the cushioning I can get.

Anyone have a favorite pair of jumping shoes?

Vans. No question. They not only surf well, but hold up to anything. My dog even loves 'em...takes him forever to rip 'em apart. This is a ode to the construction of the things. They last forever which means less money on shoes, more on jump tickets.
I do also like my Teva's...alot. A bit pricey, but worth every penny.

During summer Ecco sandals they really rule! Those things have air cushions so they are really comfortable and hey no feet sweat!! and for CRW jumping I use old Reebook sneakers with wool socks for ankle protection. Sometimes when it is hard do say is it summer or autumn (I live in Finland) sandals with wool socks works well!! During winter time I prefer Doc Martins with wool socks.

Main thing would be ankle protection and comfort. Sandals don´t have that but they give you certain summer feeling that I like and it is principle thing I never wear anything else than sandals during summer...

jussi
---Ubi est actio hic?---

Vans. No question. They not only surf well, but hold up to anything.

I went through two pair of vans a few seasons ago. My latest pair of DCs has lasted through 1 entire season and they're just waiting for the next one.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

VANS!!!! I have worn VANS throughout the years for everything else. Now they are skydiving with me. Love them. Beat them to hell over and over again and they keep coming back for more. Maybe Jimbo bought knock off VANS called VENS...just kidding Jimbo. But I never had any problems with them.

JumpingJoe