motherhucker

The beginning of the end of Blinc...again.

Mick;
maybe you will respond on this forum since you won't on yours:

http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=19956&mesg_id=19956&page=

Site naming is one thing--I agree that those posts should be edited or deleted if editing is not possible--
But Read the thread on your site.
You've been asking for feedback--people are giving it to you. I'd start listening if I valued their traffic...
mh

and in addition:

http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=19988&mesg_id=19988&page=

and for the record I did not name any sites - although i mistakenly named a jumper as I thought it was a Journo being named - I have since apologised to the jumper who has said he did not give a shit anyway - and in fact wrote that he did not want me to think he had anything to do with the article being deleted................ (see the aussie board)

To the moderators on both sites:

I think it would be good if when you deleted a post it was replaced with a short message saying why.

I don't think it would be much work, but it might stop alot of bad feeling building up.

Here's a picture of Mick Knutson with a potato in his speedos.

You've got balls Mick. Too bad they're a magnitude bigger than your leather-headed womb-ferret.

Delete that!

An autographed dollar to anyone who can send me a screen shot of this post (limit 1 per person).

Have at it...

:P
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

By the way, that was not a personal attack. I was merely complimenting the leguminous Mr KPotatoson.

;)
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Exciting stuff, this has been almost five minutes and the hammer still hasn't come down.

Tom...Tom...Are you ok? Tom...someone call 911...Tom's down...CPR...Help, Spence...find someone who's willing to kiss Tom who knows CPR...

And not a personal attack in sight.

Now that's a world I wanna live in.

:)
$kin.

By the way...I'm rediculously and quite dangerously drunk (again).

Well...it IS monday!

:S
$kin.

it is a record it is official. i can't believe your post lasted this long. did tom go in? ha ha or is he just a slacker now.

skin...sell me that damn blackjack that hangin in jimmy's up stairs all alone
big country
base998

PM sent. Where is my dollar???????

May we live long and die out

dang dude.. they're gonna leave it up and make you pay for it. LOL

screen shot is on the way...

Gardner

An autographed dollar to anyone who can send me a screen shot of this post (limit 1 per person).

Here's the screen shot. Let's see how many one's you've got. You'll never make it to a strip bar again. :D

Quick! Everybody download it and send it to him, before those nasty moderators delete it!

edit to add: wouldn't it be funny if I edited Skin's signature to be a quote of his offer, and an attachment of the screenshot?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Moderating is hard work. Let's try to go easy on our friends.

I think that BLiNC is getting more organized, and things should improve there with the migration to the new forum app.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I think it would be good if when you deleted a post it was replaced with a short message saying why.

In general, I try to PM the person who's post I deleted. I've found that putting up a "replacement" post just starts an endless cycle of questions and complaints about the moderation.

Sometimes I fail to send a PM, and sometimes I don't bother (when it's obvious that the post was a personal attack, or I've removed a bunch of posts from that person already, or I just don't have the time).

If you have a question about a particular post that get's removed, I encourage you to send me a PM or email.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

You've got balls Mick. Too bad they're a magnitude bigger than your leather-headed womb-ferret.

Delete that!

Have at it...

Ya know, a cheap trash talking post-whore spammer will never pass up a chance for a dollar >:(

So, is this screen shot good enough, or do I have to post 19 others, and just have you send me a 20 spot?

Thomas

I'll hold you to the dollar. With interest It can make a fortune in like 1000yrs.....:D

// percy

OK Skin, I'll cut you a break. I just viewed my screen shot, and I'd have to say it's only about a 50 cent version.
Better yet, for payment, just send one or two packages to MCI or any other mass mailers:

Lotsa Laughs

edited to add: Sorry Tom. I know this kind of PW'ing is "Talk Back" stuff, but we're having fun around here again. well, everyone except for the person out 5-10 dollars already;)

Thomas

You'd have to get get up pretty early in the morning to outsmart young Tom.B| Sobriety helps too. Now that I'm jacked up on coffee...

I'm down to my last 5 bucks. Fortunately I have a subscription to my local flesh club and they dance for chips (poker not potato - that would be too cool).

To answer half of Greeny's point, here on DZ.com you always (ok then usually) know why your post has been deleted. You know cuz the rules are written at the top of the page (Before you Post). I have fallen foul of this mechanism many times. In truth, I am possibly the worst offender. That said, I usually do receive a written ear-slapping from Tom explaining, in terms even I can understand, why the post was removed.
From Blinc, which I used to be the #1 fan of, my posts just disappeared. Very rude.

I suspect the hayday of the Base Board has passed. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Love and best wishes to one and all.

;)
$kin.

does anybody know how to download all the tehnical and other threads on blinc?

Delete that!

Have at it...

hey,

shouldn't you be offering pounds sterling instead of dollars? :P

pity the smallest folding pound you get is a fiver.... :o

soon to be gone

does anybody know how to download all the tehnical and other threads on blinc?

PM Zennie and ask him that question. I believe he has downloaded most of them.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom --

Normally I don't hang in the BASE Forum, but something came to my attention a few minutes ago.

There's an email going around on the internet that some guy here is giving away money. I heard there was some sort of virus attached that is spreading it around the world and from what I can see this guy is going to owe about $6 billion.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

you dont have to get mad over a website.... there are moreimportant things.. like world hunger, etc....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

From Blinc, which I used to be the #1 fan of, my posts just disappeared. Very rude.
;)

Also someone at Blinc has not only erased but also edited some of my posts, to the extent that the entire meaning was changed, and you end up with a locked thread full of posts you didn't make. :(

Hey Quade,

You're absolutely right. There is a virus attached but it's attached to the dollars not the posts.

May I suggest you all get a prescription of Zovirax or some other herpes treatment prior to opening your envelopes.

Hopefully this will save me some cash. I have already issued $294 in authographed bills in the 36 hours since the post was made. My sores are almost out of pus.

Enjoy your breakfasts,

;)
$kin.

You'd have to get get up pretty early in the morning to outsmart young Tom.B| Sobriety helps too. Now that I'm jacked up on coffee...

I'm down to my last 5 bucks. Fortunately I have a subscription to my local flesh club and they dance for chips (poker not potato - that would be too cool).

To answer half of Greeny's point, here on DZ.com you always (ok then usually) know why your post has been deleted. You know cuz the rules are written at the top of the page (Before you Post). I have fallen foul of this mechanism many times. In truth, I am possibly the worst offender. That said, I usually do receive a written ear-slapping from Tom explaining, in terms even I can understand, why the post was removed.

I suspect the hayday of the Base Board has passed. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Love and best wishes to one and all.

;)

Well, after 10 years, I am not just going to give up. Although I think only Tom and a few others actually understand how hard it is to run such a forum and a whole site.

I can implement rules, and regulations, and open up new freadoms, but 100% of the people are never going to be happy.

So, I will continue to do what I can better BLiNC, but I just can't put 40 to 60 hours per week of my time into it like I did in the past. I had no time to jump or anything. Just work. I need to have some fun as well.

As for the deleted postings, this issue is resolved by posting _ONLY_ being hidden from now on. So, when there is an issue, the posting is kept for discussion, and moderation purposes.

BTW, I have posted the forum rules at the top of the BLiNC Pages just as you mention....

PS, sorry that I seemed to have lost my #1 fan. :(
Mick Knutson
* BLiNC Magazine "Everything you ever wanted to know about Parachuting, but didn't know whom to ask."